Saturday, February 1, 2020

FSM420 Koala Birthday


Happy Saturday, peeps!  And Happy February!  I will be stamping with some friends today, so I am doing a happy dance!  And here's a happy little card using some elements from the Birthday Bonanza Suite!  I needed a card for a two-year-old, and a sweet friend had borrowed my Bonanza Buddies stamp set, but I still had my dies and Birthday Bonanza papers, so I knew I could still make it work!  Those dies do a great job cutting out the little koala images from the DSP, and I punched a balloon from some Grapefruit Grove cardstock, shaded it with Terracotta Tile, and this is what I came up with:


First off, I used Jen's fun sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I made my card base 4 1/4" square, added a circle of DSP and a scalloped mat of Terracotta Tile, then popped up my diecut koala.  I added some twine "string" and popped up the balloon so it was floating off the top of the card:


The birthday sentiment from Label Me Bold was perfect for the sketch; I got good coverage with my Smoky Slate ink by using my Stamparatus, then fussy-cutting it out:


I added a sentiment from So Sentimental, along with some confetti too! 


It's in the mail....hope she likes it!  Thanks for popping in today, and be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!!

Cassidy and her little friend were big winners at the games they played during her karate class's Parents Night Out...she even beat Master Fisher at dodge ball! 


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Label Me Bold, So Sentimental
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Terracotta Tile, Grapefruit Grove, Birthday Bonanza DSP
 Ink Smoky Slate, Terracotta Tile, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride
Accessories Sponge Daubers, Baker's Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Bonanza Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Balloon Punch, White Gel Pen (Zig)

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Cute clean and simple card. Great job at fussy cutting leaving the white around the bear. I have a hard time leaving the white when fussy cutting.. Great going Cassidy

I Card Everyone said...

OH I do LOVE a card with an off-the-edge element … that is one darling Koala and one sweet little birthday card!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be!

Lisa Elton said...

How cute! Love the balloon floating off the card!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is just darling, LeAnne! Love that sweet koala! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile Ribon said...

What an adorable birthday card! The koala is so cute and I love grey/terracotta color scheme . Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Such a sweet guy! I love his balloon peeking over the top! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.