Tuesday, February 11, 2020

RRCB128 Greeting Card Kids Valentine


Hi everyone!  It's Tuesday, and that means Retro Rubber day, where we give our older stamps some love!  Here's our challenge for these two weeks:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Retro Rubber Challenge #128 love is in the air! (use red, pink and white on your card) February 11, 2020 February 21, 2020 color challenge #rrcb128'

Isn't this just the sweetest photo prompt?!  Yum!  I had lots of ideas swirling in my head, but I finally chose a stamp set from 2010 called Greeting Card Kids.  Remember that one?  I stamped my wee little Valentine girl in Stazon ink on Shimmery White cardstock and watercolored her in:


I diecut her with a Stitched Shape circle die, added a scalloped Real Red mat, then placed her on a Rococo Rose gingham panel.  I added some Real Red diecut hearts as well:


A couple of past Paper Pumpkin Valentine sets came in handy for the sentiment on the outside:


as well as the inside:


And I used the sketch from the Fusion challenge for my layout:

Here's another card I made for the RR challenge before I remembered the Greeting Card Kids set; this one uses an image from a stamp set I don't know the name of; I got it at a yard sale and I think it is probably from the early 2000s:


Edited to add:  Thank you, Tina, for letting me know the name of the mystery set...it's Thankful Thoughts!  The sentiment is from Vintage Postcard, and it is from 2001, so if anyone recognizes the silhouette, let me know!  I stamped her in Riding Hood Red ink, and added a felt flower with an enamel center, some pink and white baker's twine and a polka dot background atop a mat of Merry Merlot.  Isn't this just the sweetest image?:


Love that little pup too!  Thanks for popping in today!  I hope you'll dust off some of those older stamp sets...they have to be at least a year old...and ink them up today for our pretty color challenge!  Share it with us at the Retro Rubber blog!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Card One Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Greeting Card Kids, Paper Pumpkin (all ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Shimmery White, In Colors DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Rococo Rose, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shape Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Heart Border Dies (Close to My Heart), Aquapainter

Card Two Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Vintage Postcard, Unknown (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Merry Merlot, Lost & Found Record It DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Riding Hood Red
Accessories For the Love of Felt Embellishments, Pink & White Baker's Twine (my stash), Enamel Dot (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies

11 comments:

Tina Anderson said...

The second stamp is from Thankful Thoughts. I use that set all the time and love it!
Tina anderson

Vickie said...

Ok not fair LeAnne...lol...now I want that little girl. So sweet...I wonder why I didn’t get her...little Vintage.
Have a Sweet Valentine’s Day.

Tracy Grauer said...

Such sweet cards! Is the second set a SU! set? Thanks for sharing!

I Card Everyone said...

You have the cutest supplies! lol So adorable I couldn't choose a favorite!
=]

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne!! I haven't seen that stamp set in ages, 10 years to be exact!!!
I always loved these sweet images, all 4 of them are so adorable and this one is just that!! Love your layout and the beautiful way you colored this cutie pie, I especially love her rosy cheeks.
Beautifully done.
XO

Linda Callahan said...

Cute cards! I love your silhouette stamps...sweet as can be!

Bonnie said...

Two wonderful Valentines, LeAnne! I've always love that little girl holding the heart and you've done her up so prettily! Love the image on the second card too! What a great find!

Jan Clothier said...

A double DT card - you're setting the bar high now, LeAnne! I ADORE them. The little girl on the first one is lovely and the layout you've created for her is perfect. Love that little line of red hearts - perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE and CUTE!! I think my late SIL bought the set you used on the first one at a craft fair years ago. I remember it was just darling!

DorothyA said...

Those are just darling! Love the little girl mailing the letter with her dog.

Claire Grantham said...

Very sweet card LeAnne, I love the perfect pairing of the sentiment with your image of the girl holding the heart! Cx