Monday, February 10, 2020

Congrats Card


Happy Monday, peeps!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I am squeaking this card in for the Color Throwdown challenge just in the nick of time, because I just HAD to play with these colors:


I needed a card for a new recruit, and I thought it would be fun to play with the Bloom and Grow stamp set, and try for a watercolor-y effect.  So here we go:


I placed the stamp in my Stamparatus and cut a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock to fit, then inked up the image with some Night of Navy ink.  Once I stamped it, I inked it again and spritzed it lightly with some water, then stamped again.  Quickly, before it dried, I used an aquapainter to push some of the water around, then added a little more shading with some Night of Navy ink.  I will need to experiment a little bit more, but for the first go, I thought it worked out pretty well.  I added some Itty Bitty Background speckles as well:


I diecut some layers from Blushing Bride cardstock and gingham with the Stitched Rectangle dies, then added a few more florals, stamped in Blushing Bride, and a sentiment from Label Me Bold:


I added a sentiment from the Bloom and Grow set on the inside as well:


My sketch came from CAS(E) This Sketch, although it probably has too many layers to really be considered CAS,  I loved the sketch anyway, so I'm giving it a go!



 Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!


4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Your new recruit will love being in your team LeAnne and will love this pretty card to welcome her! Loving the watercolour flowers and the gorgeous pink gingham. Vicky x

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I forget all about CTS being a CAS challenge!! I love your card, and have my own idea of what constitutes clean and simple! I'll never tire of this color combo, either!
=]

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the inspiration; and I will be CASE-ing this! It is beautiful!!! Gail

Lisa Elton said...

Oh that pink gingham is so sweet! I think your design qualifies for the CTS challenge. You have clean simple layers!