Saturday, February 29, 2020

JAI494 Thoughtful Blooms


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Happy Leap Day too!  My card today uses the colors from Just Add Ink:


I've been feeling rather uncreative lately, and I felt a little better after using these soft, pretty colors on my card. I pulled out my unused Buffalo Check background stamp and the SAB Thoughtful Blooms set and matching punch and went to work:


I stamped the blossoms on Grapefruit Grove cardstock in matching ink and the leaves in Soft Seafoam.  I curled the petals a wee bit with my bone folder and added some white centers with a gel pen.  I diecut three tiny butterflies with the Nature's Promise dies to create a little embellishment for my flowers:

 

I also layered a couple of diecuts to create a horizontal panel, which added some interest against my gray plaid background:


Finally, a sentiment from So Sentimental on the inside, along with a few more leaves:


Thanks for popping in today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!

I wanted to share this cute photo of my great-nephew Jameson, at his brother Sawyer's birthday party.  His mom got cookies that had an edible "paint" palette right on the cookie, and he was getting ready to paint his cookie!! (And he's a lefty!) What a fantastic idea!  I hope they tasted as good as they looked! 


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Thoughtful Blooms, So Sentimental, Buffalo Check
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Grapefruit Grove, Soft Seafoam
 Ink Grapefruit Grove, Soft Seafoam, Smoky Slate
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Nature's Promise Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Small Bloom Punch

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I do believe I will be CASEing your sweet card. Have a great weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

Must I say it? you HAD ME at gray!! Oh my goodness this is a gorgeous palette... your card is just as delicious as Jameson's - even if it isn't edible! [what a fabulous idea that is!]
=]

Linda Callahan said...

That soft pink with the gray is lovely! Very pretty card!

Joan V said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous! This is such a great layout, too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Patrice said...

LeAnne, your card is super sweet - glad the colours helped you feel a bit better after playing for a bit. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink. x

How clever are those biscuits/cookies?! I love that idea.

Chantell Randall said...

Very pretty card and a lovely way to use the dies - such a great idea to layer them up. Chantell Just Add Ink

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty colors! This is perfectly charming LeAnne. And that little Jameson is a doll!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's horrible when you feel as if your creativity has deserted you isn't it? But I just love these colours LeAnne and your card has turned out perfectly! I love the buffalo check in soft grey and the soft green and peach work brilliantly with it.
Your gorgeous great-nephew looks as if he's really concentrating hard on painting his cookie! It is a great idea isn't it! Vicky x