Monday, February 24, 2020

CAS Roses


Happy Monday peeps!  I didn't do much stamping yesterday, so my post today is late!  I struggled with making a CAS card today, but finally succeeded, using the following challenges:  CAS(E) This Sketch, Seize the Birthday and the Global Design Project!

My friend Martha gave me this Papertrey set, Splits: With Love, a long time ago and this is the first time I inked it up!  So here we go:


I stamped the roses in Blueberry Bushel using my Stamparatus, then cleaned the stamp, leaving it on the window, and reinked it with Versamark.  I then heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder.  That kept my outline nice and neat for my loose watercoloring!  I also stamped some leaves and little speckles, all from the same set, around the flowers.  The sentiment is from Botanical Bliss:


It all went on a Crushed Curry card base, and it really was a simple card to make, once I figured out what to do!!!  Thanks for popping in today!

The weather was definitely not February-like yesterday (and today!) so the fam took the pups for a walk:



While they were walking, an Amish horse and buggy drove by, and Dana said that Ginger whined and barked like she never did before....not sure whether she was ready to run to investigate, or to run the other way, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

8 comments:

Lindalou said...

I can see your granddaughter is changing, looking older! Her face is definitely thinning! All of us “out here” feel like she has grown up in front of our eyes!!! She is so precious!!! Blessings on you!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I'm so happy that you've shared your premiere with CTS!! Just absolutely love this darling rendition of our Sketch! EVEN the BLUE!
btw, I have a few of those sweet PTI sets that haven't been used either - hate when that happens! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I see no struggle LeAnne, looks like you nailed it to me! What fun flowers those are!

Linda Callahan said...

Very sweet interpretation of that sketch! And we are still all white!

Kampin' Karen said...

You are so creative! I love the colors you chose, the design and, although I am not a CAS kind of gal, I LOVE this!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a great take on the sketch and a fab use of the colours which had me stumped! Lovely family photos too.

Nancy said...

I had to stop and say that I love your card LeAnne! The yellow dots was a brilliant touch! Thrilled to see this in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Beautiful card! Great use of white space on this fabulous CAS card. So bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Bithday.