Tuesday, October 8, 2019

RRCB121 Rootin Tootin


Hi peeps!  Happy Tuesday!  Time for another Retro Rubber challenge, and it's a tic-tac-toe, courtesy of Jan!  

No photo description available.

I chose to go across the bottom for a monochromatic birthday card, using a set from 2014 called Yee Haw!  Here we go:


I used some papers from Carta Bella called Cowboy Country, so I made my card a little bigger than the standard size so that I could use the full length of this fun bandanna print.   I stamped my sentiments and images on a big stitched Very Vanilla diecut circle:


(I used Poppy Parade ink but I wish I had used Riding Hood Red, it would have matched better!)  I love the sentiments and images in this set and I know since it wasn't available for a very long period, it's a keeper in my collection!  And here's the inside, using a sentiment and stars from the same set as well as another sentiment from Papertrey's Barnyard Sentiments (2015):


I need several masculine birthday cards this month, so this one will be going out in the mail soon!  I hope you'll play with our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge....remember to use stamps at least a year old and let us know how old they are!  Can't wait to see what you create...share it with us at Retro Rubber!  Thanks for stopping in today!

 Cassidy has always been intrigued by Venus Flytraps since she saw one at Longwood Gardens as well as at school.  They were quite expensive at Longwood so I passed on getting one for her.  But recently, I was out with one of my stamping friends and we stopped at her sister's house.  There on her porch were several of them---her nephew grows them!  I told her how Cassidy wanted one, and he put together FIVE of them in a pot with complete directions and even a gallon of distilled water!!  I told Cass she could have them if she promised to let me take her photo with them, LOL!  Her karate teacher just opened a new studio and had an open house, so while we were visiting, I gave them to her:


When they go away for a few days, I get to "babysit" them, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Yee Haw (ret, 2014), Barnyard Sentiments (Papertrey, 2015)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cowboy Country DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Poppy Parade
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Lil'Inker Stitched Circles, 1" Circle Punch

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the inside sentiment. You have such neat stamps. Love venus fly traps. Ours died but we don't know why.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the bright red colors on your card LeAnne, they look like they match perfectly to me.
This is a super fun card for both girls and boys, love the bandana DSP too.
Awesome card!!
XO

I Card Everyone said...

it's mighty fun, and purdy, Missy!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like the bandanna paper, this is FUN!!

Jan Clothier said...

Big, bold and bright! Love the placement of your variety of stars, LeAnne. This card just shouts out a good time.

Carol L said...

The card is all fun with the great monochromatic color scheme, and the inside is really fun! I haven't heard that expression in years, but I love it! I'm fascinated with the Venus Fly Traps too, but plants don't like me, so I gave up trying to grow them years ago! LOL Great photo of Cassidy :)

Claire Grantham said...

Love this card LeAnne, especially love the matching inside sentiment. Loved the story about the Venus flytraps and that you get to 'babysit' them! Cx