Saturday, October 26, 2019

CTD566 Prim Pumpkins


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I have a friend who likes primitive decor, so when I saw the challenge at Color Throwdown this week, I knew I not only had to play with the colors, but those sweet little pumpkins as well:


So, I went pretty literal, with four different grays, Very Vanilla and Grapefruit Grove:


Look at those dour little faces, LOL!  I diecut my pumpkins from Grapefruit Grove, Very Vanilla and Grey Granite with an Impression Obsession die set, then sponged Smoky Slate on the edges and gave each one a little "stitched" nose.  I drew the eyes on with a Basic Black marker and used the CTMH Stitched Border Essentials to stitch their mouths with Smoky Slate ink:


The card base of Sahara Sand was stamped with a starry border stamp (MFT Primitive Pumpkins), and the sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Basic Gray:


I added a stitched Frame of Smoky Slate, backed it with an embossed panel of Basic Gray and adhered it all together!  The inside features a few more sentiments and stars from the same set, as well as some more stitching!  It's in the mail ready to go!


Thanks for popping in today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge too!

So here are some photos of the bamboo displays from inside the Conservatory at Longwood....very interesting and impressive!  The pictures really don't do them justice...they are looped and braided and very, very big!



Here's an archway that people can walk under:


And interspersed throughout the grounds are arrangements using bamboo:


Very eclectic!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Primitive Pumpkin (My Favorite Things), Stitched Border Essentials (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Grey Granite, Grapefruit Grove, Very Vanilla
 Ink Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Grapefruit Grove
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Woodgrain EF (ret), Basic Black Marker, Soft Suede Marker, Grey Granite Marker, Sponge Daubers, umpkin Dies (Impression Obsession)

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is totally the winner - you can't imagine how much I loved that inspiration - or could you? LOVE your card!!!

Those bamboo creations are pretty darned amazing, too - don't you wish you could be on the receiving end when they remove them? or are they permanent installations?
=]

Bonnie said...

These are perfect for the inspiration, LeAnne! Awesome pumpkins!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness, this is fantastic! Your recreation of the inspiration photo and colors looks awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.

Vicki Burdick said...

I love this card!!! I love all things primitive and those pumpkins are my jam!!! Great job!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW, LeAnne, I'm loving how you created this card by recreating the primitive pumpkins! Genius!!!

Colleen Begley said...

I love how you've CAS'd the inspiration photo. Awesome card too!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your replication is unbelievable!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is so cute and the perfect match for the challenge! Good job! The bamboo displays are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

beverly said...

I've never been much for abstract art, but the last photo of the bamboo and sunflowers is gorgeous...Would love to have something like that. Again, everything you post from Longwood Gardens is beautiful. Really like the pumpkins in your card!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love those funky pumpkins! And those gardens always have amazing displays!

Broni said...

Girl, you nailed it!! I love your recreation of the inspiration photo!! And those bamboo structures are amazing too! I'm so glad you played along with us this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes...you nailed this one!! FABULOUS card!!

Lisa H. said...

you nailed it! this is fantastic and so cute. love it. thanks for linking up to the CTD.

Ela said...

Oh, I love that card, those noses are such a brilliant idea.
Hugs
Ela

Amy Rohl said...

This couldn't BE any cuter!!