Thursday, October 24, 2019

IB95 Halloween Haunting


Happy Thursday, peeps! It's time for another Inspired By challenge, and I am in full-on Halloween mode!  I try to give all my Halloween stamps some love, and I sure can't forget this little howling cat, along with some fun and spooky Halloween papers:


And here is Laurel's photo prompt:


I love this little patchwork quilt, but I didn't have any purple papers, so I just made do with some other Halloween prints, cutting each strip 1" x 5 1/4" and adhering them to the front of my card.  For my cat and jack, I stamped the image once on a piece of Granny Apple Green, then again on Grapefruit Grove, and just cut out the pumpkin part.  After adding some shading with ink and a blender pen, I glued it back on, then mounted it on a stitched circle and added a sentiment banner:


On the inside, I added a cute little (very old) Crafty Secrets sentiment and a spooky little spook:


Eeek!  So cute!  I hope you'll play with our patchwork Halloween challenge this week...be sure to stop by the Inspired By blog, see what the other designers created and add yours to the gallery!

It was really pretty yesterday, so I took a little jaunt to Longwood Gardens to see some fall colors!

A beautiful sugar maple:


I love anything orange, so these appealed to me:


There were lots of pumpkins in the kids' section and places for photo ops!


Mums and bamboo were the themes inside the conservatory; these mums are trained to bloom inside a mushroom-shaped wire..so cool!


And these were shaped in a spiral topiary!


I'll share some of the bamboo photos later!  Thanks for popping by--enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Howling Cat (100 Proof Press), Sentiment (unknown)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Granny Apple Green, Grapefruit Grove, Happy Halloween DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Stazon Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Banners Dies (Nestabilities), Stitched Circle Dies (Sissix)

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your strips are perfectly Halloween-y - is it okay to say that? lol and that Cat is meowing to the moon in perfect pitch for the season!
There's another of those fab sentiments - who needs purple? xx
=]

Wendy said...

WOW! All your pictures from Longwood are amazing, LeAnne! I have never been there and always love seeing your photo's from there! Your Halloween card is super cute and so fun! Love the patterned paper cut into the strips! And what fun that paper is! Love it! Have fun playing with all your Halloween stamps! I'm doing the same! :)

Lisa Elton said...

I didn't miss the purple LeAnne, this is cute! Love the vintage look of that cat!

beverly said...

What a wonderful blessing to be able to enjoy Longwood Gardens. All the pictures you shared were beautiful...you card was great!