Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Colour Inkspiration #65 Evening Blossoms


Hi peeps!  I had the honor of winning a spot as a Guest Designer for Colour Inkspiration with this card!    So excited!  


 And today we're Blog Hopping along with a new "inkspiration":


I know the graphic is a bit hard to read; the colors are Merry Merlot, Blackberry Bliss, Gray Granite and Basic Black....very striking colors for sure!!  The blossoms in the photo reminded me of the ones in Colorful Seasons, which is really an awesome set, one I don't use enough!  So here we go:


I started with a panel of watercolor paper and diecut a partial circle, then did some light watercoloring with Gray Granite.  I positioned it back in the panel and stamped the branches in Basic Black and Gray Granite, and the florals in Merry Merlot and Blackberry Bliss:


I stamped and diecut a few of the larger flowers and added them to the edges, then at the bottom, stamped a few more simple images and a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings.  My final addition was a Merry Merlot ribbon accent.  It all went on a Basic Black mat and a Blackberry Bliss card.  I added a Very Vanilla panel on the inside but I'll stamp a sentiment or write a note the next time I need a sympathy card.  

Next on our hop is  Vicki Boucher!



The Colour Inkspiration challenge can be found on Facebook here.  I hope you'll play along!!  Thanks for popping in today!

There's always something funny on Wayne's cell!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Colorful Seasons, Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss, Watercolor
 Ink Memento Black, Gray Granite, Blackberry Bliss, Merry Merlot
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins, Merry Merlot Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Circles Dies, Seasonal Layers Dies, Aquapainter

7 comments:

Lillybet said...

Good to have you on the hop tonight Leanne. I agree I don't use that lovely set enough either- perfect for this challenge. lovely card

Linda Callahan said...

Wow your card is dead on perfect for that challenge! Beautiful!

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely, LeAnne. You were inspired by both the colours and the graphic. They weren't easy colours to get to know but you've done a great job. I agree there was something that spoke of sympathy in them.

stamphappy said...

These are just the perfect colours for a beautiful moon and lovely flowers. Love your creation!

Anonymous said...

Love your card - my favorite colors

Tell Wayne he is a super nice guy!!!!!!!!!! He is so good to Cassidy and I love seeing pictures of them together as you can tell Wayne enjoys it just as much as Cassidy. She has two great men in her life - Wayne and your your husband.

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations on your win Leanne!! Your card is beautiful, you've captured the photo so well. I love your moon!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for joining us for this challenge!! Such a stunning card, I love the popped out circle.