Saturday, October 5, 2019

FMS409 Crafty Hello


Happy Saturday, peeps!  A quick post today, lots to do!  I had a gazillion ideas for the FMS sketch this week, but my mojo must be on vacation, because I just couldn't make anything work!  In the end, I chucked all my autumn ideas and pulled out It Starts With Art to make an almost-one-layer card!  Here's the sketch, first:

And here's my card:


I used Thick White cardstock, stamping all the images in Stazon Black, then watercolored them with an aquapainter and some ink; a few reinkers to start:


You can't see it here, but all the sequins are brushed with Wink of Stella to give them a shine:


And finally, some spools of ribbon!


It will be going in the mail real soon!  Thanks for popping in today!

It's school picture time!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps It Starts With Art, Here's A Card, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White
 Ink Stazon Black, Mango Melody, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Highland Heather, Pacific Point, Call Me Clover, Smoky Slate, Flirty Flamingo, Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Arts & Crafts Dies, Aquapainter

7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Well this is just a perfect CAS take on this sketch LeAnne and I love all f the bright colours you’ve used. A great way to celebrate World Card Making Day too! What a lovely photo of Cassidy - her shorter bob really suits her, she is really growing up now.

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing and I plan to CASE it! Cassidy is sure growing up.

Jan Clothier said...

This is lovely, LeAnne! I like the way the third bottle is tipped over at right angles and popped up. Very clever. I missed WCD because I was flying home - and it took 2 days! Hope to be back in my craft room soon.

Kampin' Karen said...

Your coloring is to perfection! Cassidy is a beautiful child. Her new haircut is still looking wonderful. Hope you are getting cooler weather...we are not!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so colorful and so creative! And it really speaks to a card-makers heart! <3 And I can't believe how grown-up Cassidy is. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I too have been mulling over that sketch but have failed to come up with anything! I love your final take on it and am sure you have no shortage of people who would be delighted recipients! Cassidy's school photo is fab! Whatever happened to those awful school photos that barely resemble the student?!

Lisa Elton said...

As cute as your card is, that sweet face in the school photo steals the spotlight for me!