Wednesday, July 3, 2019

SSC208 God Bless America


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's gonna be a hot one today in SE PA!!  We are running errands early so we can swim this afternoon; hopefully we won't get a storm like we did last night, where we lost power for five hours!  

I was inspired by my friend Wendy to finally use this patriotic stamp that SU offered in 2001!  Yikes!  That was even before I became a demonstrator.  I always regretted not getting it at the time, and they are expensive on ebay, but my sister had a yard sale last year, and much to my surprise, she had it for sale!  So I snagged it up and am finally using it today!  I stamped the image twice, once in Real Red and again in Blueberry Bushel, and just fussy-cut around the heart image and adhered it on:


I could have used markers to color each section, but this was faster!!  My papers are from the Frontier collection by Authentique; I love the rustic look they give!  I used a die from Close to My Heart for the scalloped edge and a little seam binding ribbon that is retired from SU:


I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps, although I don't have the sentiment in the correct place, hopefully they won't throw me out!


Thanks for popping in today!

It's been a challenge to keep Cassidy busy this summer.  I babysat Jackie while her momma did some errands and Lee was at summer school, and we decided to make slime from a kit.  First, let me tell you that we are slime failures.  We have tried to make slime a couple of times with NO SUCCESS.  So, I thought...well, here's a kit, it must be successful, I have all the ingredients, what can go wrong?  Well, the recipes in the book that comes with the kit require 150ml of clear glue (with other ingredients)....the kit comes with 100 ml of clear glue.  So you can't even make the recipe with the supplies that come in the kit.  Talk about frustration!  So we tried a different recipe....again, it was a failure.  It came out more like play doh, which I ALREADY know how to make.  If anyone out there has a reliable slime recipe, let me know.  So far, we are 0-3 in the slime game; the look on Jackie's face pretty much says it all:



Enjoy your day and be blessed!



7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

First of all, I LOVE your creation. You really were blessed to find that stamp. I am looking for all the military stamps that SU had done in the past but I, like you, am NOT paying eBay prices! Second of all, why would a company put a kit together and not have the right amount of glue in it? Are they trying to get you to buy more glue from them? I'd definitely let them know how that made two children and one adult VERY unhappy. Crafting is supposed to be fun! I hope you have a wonderful afternoon swimming. GBY

Heather said...

What a great card, LeAnne - this is such a fun and patriotic stamp! Have a fabulous 4th tomorrow - Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Wendy said...

As always, your cards rock, LeAnne! Love, love, love this stamp and I will forever keep it in my collection! I really love the vintage look that your paper gives to this! Very festive for the 4th! Hope you & your family have a happy and safe July 4th! PS. I have no advice for the slime but it's a shame the kit didn't supply what you needed.

Lisa Elton said...

Gingham always says summer to me and this card is terrific! Too bad about the slime. Can you make 1/2 of the recipe with what was provided in the kit? They gave you 100 ml, you needed 150 ml. So maybe cut it in half and use 75 ml? Who knows...maybe I'm just rambling LOL!!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is a fabulous card! I love patriotic cards and this one steals the show! The gingham and denim look DSP are just perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! I am sorry the slime didn't work, but it still looks like fun! I love play doh! XXX

Heidi Baks said...

Oh man, now I want that stamp too! It is perfect, as well as your papers. I really love this timely themed card. So festive. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Kathy said...

Love your card! We have two family birthdays right around July 4th, so I’m always interested in cards with a red-white-blue theme. I, too, have the SU flag stamp you used. I’m a teacher, and sometime after 9-11-2001 I saw an article about it, so ordered one to use in school with the children’s papers. Fast forward to 2013 and I began making cards! I had kept the stamp so have it to use still! It’s a keeper, just beautiful!