Saturday, July 13, 2019

Simply Wonderful

 

Happy Saturday, peeps!  No challenge today, just a card I made as a sample for my stamp clubs last week, and I wanted to share it.  This features the new Bloom and Grow set, which is just lovely, especially since it comes with matching dies and several nice sentiments!  I wanted to try my hand at heat-embossing the image in white and watercoloring it in, so I chose some purple hues (which I struggle with)  and went to work:


I used Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Rococo Rose, Mango Melody, Mint Macaron and Coastal Cabana inks to color in the image, using less or more water to create lighter and darker shades:


I also stamped some smaller flowers in Highland Heather (stamped them off once for a lighter shade), diecut them and tucked them behind the image along with some silver thread.  I finished if off with one of the sentiments from the set and mounted my florals on some Highland Heather DSP.  Oh, and I did add a little leaf to peek out from the top of my DSP as well, just for fun!

Thanks for popping in today!  Be sure to stop back tomorrow as I am the Paper Player hostess with a new challenge for you!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

My little mermaid:


For some reason, this photo just cracks me up, with those big bubbles coming up...she's like a little fish!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Bloom and Grow
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Highland Heather DSP
 Ink Craft White, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Mint Macaron, Rococo Rose, Coastal Cabana
Accessories Silver Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Budding Blooms Dies, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Aquapainter

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Just beautiful, LeAnne! Love this gorgeous image embossed in white and then colored in! It just pops off the piece of DSP! Glad to see the kids are staying cool with this heat & humidity! Sometimes I really miss my old house & the pool but it was nothing more than a money pit. TFS and have a happy Saturday! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

The pool looks so inviting! You know I love purple so, of course, I like your card! I know you are much more comfortable with orange and I can't wait to see what challenge you come up with for tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed day.

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving all these new purples! Pretty card!

I Card Everyone said...

This card, and its colors are simply wonderful!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like the colors LeAnne, this is dreamy and feminine!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so pretty LeAnne - I love the purples, those flowers are definitely on my wish list! Your watercolouring is beautiful - you should link up with Festive Friday where this is their ‘option’ this week.