Thursday, July 11, 2019

IB80 Nautical Happy Day


Happy Thursday, peeps!  Time for another Inspired By challenge, and we have a nice summery one for you!  My stamp clubs played with this Sailing Home bundle on Monday, and although this isn't the card we made, I used the leftover DSP scraps, which is always nice!  So here we go:


And here is our summery prompt:


I went more with the colors than the beachy theme for my card, since I already had this set on my desk, LOL!  I stamped the elements and diecut them out, then added brads and twine:



And before adhering everything, I lined up the papers in my Stamparatus, and stamped the lighthouse on the DSP; it's a nice subtle touch that brings the theme together!  Finally, I stamped a sentiment and diecut it with that wee little banner die....LOVE it!  I added another one in Night of Navy behind it for fun:


Finally, on the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Botanical Bliss and added another anchor diecut that I had left over:


I hope you'll come play with us, and show us your beachy/nautical creations at Inspired By this week!

A little Italian water ice is always nice on a hot summer day!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sailing Home, Botanical Bliss, Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Come Sail Away DSP
 Ink Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals, Twine (unknown), Metal Star Embellishment, Brads (both ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Smooth Sailing Dies

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love nautical cards.....always so bright and summery! The stamped lighthouse on the DSP is perfect!

Kampin' Karen said...

Stamping the lighthouse on the DSP was a great idea. I love the little splash of red. Great card!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is fabulous! I love nautical cards and they make me long to sail on the sea. I only did that once, and loved it! Being land locked is not that much fun! The lighthouse looks amazing stamped behind the necessary tools and that pop of red is perfect! You rocked this challenge, My Friend!
Italian ice looks heavenly for a hot summer day! Lots of fun memories being made!

I Card Everyone said...

Somehow I knew you'd have the perfect nautical elements for this week, LeAnne! Not only do you have them, you arranged them so beautifully, too - a happy day, indeed!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love lighthouses, so this is right up my alley! The pops of bright red are perfect with the deep navy. Marvelous card LeAnne!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Loving the lighthouse stamped on the DSP LeAnne and those lovely pops of red! A great nautical card.

Wendy said...

I love this card, LeAnne! The colors & prints of this paper are perfect for a nautical card! I especially love how you stamped the lighthouse on the DSP and all the pops of red! Great job and a great design! Hope the kids enjoyed the summer treat! Looks yummy! :)

JulieP said...

Love what you did with the inspiration piece! Gorgeous and so very, very nautical!

Danni Reid said...

The perfect nautical card, so beautiful!