Thursday, July 18, 2019

IB81 Smore Gingerbread Men


Happy Thursday, everyone!  It's time for another Inspired By challenge, and you're gonna laugh when you see what the inspiration photo is today....it is NOT gingerbread men!  So here's my card:


And here's the inspiration photo Laurel chose for us:


Yum, don't they look like fun little treats?!  Just not gingerbread treats!  But I have a confession...I don't like s'mores.  I know, weird.  I like all the components individually, I just don't care for the combination! Way too messy for me!  BUT....I thought I could combine the elements....gingham, graham cracker tan, chocolate brown, marshmallow vanilla and silver---well, silver---together to create a little cookie sheet of gingerbread men:


The cookies from Scensational Season were stamped in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake--they look a little burnt, don't they?--and placed on a Silver Foil cookie sheet on which I embossed lines on the back to make it look like "sides".  I added some elements from the Apron Builder die set, as well as sentiments and stars from the Nothing Sweeter set from last Christmas:


For fun, I even die-cut a felt oven mitt...if I'd had more time, maybe I could have stitched a little design on it!  It was a fun card to put together!  Now, how will you be inspired by our photo?  I hope you'll share your creation with us too!  Can't wait to see what it is!

When you have a tornado warning, and you've got pizza, you eat it in the bathtub!!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nothing Sweeter (ret), Scensational Season (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, WHisper White, Silver Foil, Frontier DSP (Authentique)
 Ink Real Red, Early Espresso
Accessories Felt, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Squares Die, Stitched Shapes Die, Apron Builder Die (ret), Holiday Collection Die (ret), Light Red SU Blend, Radiant Sunflower Die (for stitched circle, Simon Says Stamp)

9 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGosh, we were both on the same wave length yesterday, Gingerbread Men! I love what you created with the inspiration photo! The gingham paper & gingers took my breath away! So stinkin cute, LeAnne! Oh, those storms last evening were bad! We did not have a tornado warning but I thought for sure we were gonna have a tornado as fast as the clouds were rotating! That was one scary storm! Hope you all got thru it ok! I'll be glad when when we get back to more normal summer weather! Stay cool! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Okay, LeAnne... I will confess to only liking S'more components as well! but I LOVE Ginger Snaps!!!
Darling take on our IB photo this week - oh that oven mitt!!
=]

Joan V said...

Oh my, this card is so darling. When you make a card like this, do you only make 1 or multiples? So glad we moved from St Louis. Not a big fan of tornados or severe thunderstorms. Stay safe!

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, my goodness, I'm glad I didn't see your card and inspiration this morning when I was drinking my coffee. You made me laugh...in a good way! I am not a fan of gingerbread men BUT I do like s'mores when I am camping! Your card is enchanting I did love the gingerbread man story when I was young.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the direction your went, this is delightful! And that cookie sheet is too much fun. Oh that Cassidy LOL, she's too cute!

Linda Callahan said...

I don’t like s’mores either! Way too gooey! Fun card....love how you made a cookie sheet!

lisa808 said...

Super cute and fun card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your interpretation of the photo - those jolly gingers are just too cute! Americans who don’t like s’mores? The rest of us thought you lived on them lol!

Christine Kiehl said...

This is adorable!