Friday, August 19, 2011

Brayered Embossing

DSCF6267-1

At my stamp club earlier this week, I showed my club girls how to use a brayer  while embossing to get more uses from your folders!  We made this card:

DSCF6266-1

using the Stripes embossing folder and Kindness Matters stamp set.  You can see the details of how I did the “gingham” in this post.  Just make sure you ink the inside “lid” of the embossing folder, the piece that you lift up; the front piece, so to speak.  If you don’t have a brayer, you can just rub your stamp pad over the folder, but you get a more even effect with a brayer.  This card uses Crumb Cake, Confetti Cream and Calypso Coral.

Some other samples I made:

DSCF6268-1

This uses the Finial Press embossing folder, Very Vanilla cardstock and Sahara Sank ink.  The embellishments were all cut from Beau Chateau Designer Paper.

DSCF6270

The last one used the brayer directly onto the already-embossed piece.  This uses Finial Press again, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Basic Black and Brushed Gold cardstocks, and Gold Encore ink:

DSCF6273

DSCF6272

Thanks for visiting today!  Email me if you have any questions!

DSCF6282

14 comments:

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I'm sending this post to a dear friend of mine who has just now discovered the joy of cuttlebugging.

ChristineCreations said...

All three gorgeous cards lady! I just LOVE the gingham/country feel of the first card and the sweet softness of the 2nd...great technique use!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these are gorgeous! What a beautiful effect! I have had a brayer for about 5 years now - it has never seen ink........maybe it's time :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, these are FAAAAABULOUS!

Elaine M said...

Like Linda C - my brayer has never been inked - that's about to change. Your cards are just incredible - absolutely amazing!!!! And of course there's Ms C to brighten our day with a smile. Hugs to all

Rita W said...

Gorgeousness! I love them! I think my stripes folder needs to meet my brayer now. :)

Denise Willerton said...

fabulous cards my dear!!! We inked my striped EF and did this a few weeks ago ~ wonderful folder, it will get lots of use! Absolutely love what you created here LeAnne TFS and have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Leigh said...

Oh stunning cards Leanne. Just love them all.

Cathymac said...

LeAnne...your brayered embossing samples are just gorgeous! Love the colors and design of every one! Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful technique!

Linda Fisher said...

When I first saw your 'gingham' card, I thought where did she get that designer paper - I like it! Then I started reading.....should have known - some more of your cleverness at work!!

Connie Collins said...

Fantastic cards! I especially love the gingham card. Awesome!

Arielle H Gordon said...

SO CLEVER with your homemade gingham!!! I'm gonna have to steal that - lol!

Cassidy is cute as a bug!!!

Julie Marshall said...

Gorgeous gingham card! What a great idea...I will definitely need to try it ;) TFS.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Darn it, LeAnne, now I have to save more of your pics because your cards are just SO awesome! These two cards are just the tops.