Caution: this is a long post, but I think worthwhile! I hope you have an extra minute to read and participate!
Happy Early Memorial Day! What a blessing it is to reflect on what this day means to us as Americans--honoring those who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can continue to live in freedom. I thank the Lord that there are men and women who are willing to serve in such a way.
I have been asked to participate this weekend in a Cards for Heroes blog hop! This is something new for me---but it is for a good cause, so I thought I would try it out! I hope you will visit some of the other participating blogs and see what is out there--lots of prizes, blog candy and patriotic samples to view. Here what they are all about:
Cards for Heroes' mission is to support our nation's armed forces by sending blank greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them throughout their deployment. We are an all-volunteer group of crafters. To date we have sent over 140,000 cards to our heroes serving in the Middle East. You can find more information on making and sending cards here.
I hope that after reading CFH's blog, you will be inspired to send some cards! I have never sent cards to this particular organization, but my customers and I have sent cards to troops through a local chiropractor's office. However, in the class I am having today, I will be featuring a card that my customers can make and forward on to CFH!
So here are a few details:
- If you are a regular blog reader of mine, or you just "arrived", you can begin your blog hop here. This will direct you to your first step at CFH, as well as give you a chance to check out incentives, RAKs and prizes!
- If you are already on the hop, the next stop is Eva. Her blog is awesome--full of really fun scrapbook ideas! Fun and fresh is the way I would describe her style!
- If you leave a comment on my blog and pledge to send a card to CFH, you will entered in my drawing to win the Stampin'Up! set Botanical Blooms, plus some other goodies I'll throw in the package! I'll leave it open until midnight, May 25. (Please be sure to leave me a link or email address so I can contact you!)
So on to my card:
I just received "Hero" from Artistic Outpost. I think I first saw this image on Broni's blog a long time ago, and I really liked it. How timely! I love these vintage images, but when I go to apply them to paper, I sometimes struggle. I am not too happy with these colors, but I do love that little boy image! Isn't he cute? The star and sentiment are from a little Studio G clear stamp set. I do hope someone will like and appreciate the card.
Again, I hope you can participate and send in a card or cards! I'll bet you have cards just sitting around that you could donate today! A direct link to packaging and mailing instructions is here. You will feel really glad you did!!
- Stamps: Hero, Artistic Outpost; July 4th, Studio G, Linen (ret SU)
- Paper: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, Naturals White
- Ink: Rose Red, Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
- Acc: Nesties, Dimensionals, Daubers, Star Eyelets, CAD, Grosgrain Ribbon, Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch