Friday, November 11, 2022

Sparkly Birthday Candles

Happy Friday, peeps!  Gray and cloudy here, hope all down south are doing okay.  I have a card for three challenges, and let me say, it was a dastardly card to create, LOL!  First, the challenges:  Seize the Birthday wants many of something (I used candles), CAS on Sunday wants sparkle, and I used the sketch from Fusion:




So here we go:


Although the concept of this was simple, diecutting all those itty bitty candles and flames from various scraps of glimmer paper tried my patience, LOL!  I was happy with the end result, though...it was worth it.  I did use my new Sticky Mats from Sweet Petunia...they're very helpful for keeping wee little pieces from straying!  Here's my  candle lineup....probably a bit crooked but they're down for good!


The candle dies as well as the sentiment and die are from Charming Sentiments and the matching Sentiment Silhouette dies.  I also used a retired Jumbo Polka Dot embossing folder for my Basic White card!


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Charming Sentiments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Misc Glimmer Paper Scraps
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Sentiment Silhouettes Dies, Jumbo Polka Dot EF (ret)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I haven't used my Sticky Mats yet. Maybe you can give me a lesson? Love the card and all those glittery candles.

Cheryl Goetsch said...

Love your birthday candle card!
Not familiar with sticky mats? How and why do you use them, please. Thanks.

Linda Callahan said...

This is totally delightful! Love the glittery candles - perfect for a birthday celebration!

Lisa Elton said...

It's fun, Leanne and worth every bit of patience it took!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne they are straight, super sparkly, and fun!
=]

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful row of shiny glittery candles! xx

StinkerbellSteph said...

Such a fun card!

JoAnn said...

I think your colorful and sparkly row of candles look strait and perfect to me. It was definitely worth the effort with all those little pieces. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

You did a wonderful job lining up the candles and flames. You have quite the array of glitter paper, I must say. Awesome card, LeAnne and so happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday. Thanks for using the topping too.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love these sparkly candles against that white textured background. Great card.