Friday, November 4, 2022

Forever Fern Hello

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend!  I have a card with an interesting color palette today!  It uses the sketch from FMS and the colors from Just Add Ink; I admit I was very skeptical but I like to challenge myself, so I persevered!  Here are the prompts:



And here we go:


I confess that when I first glanced at the sketch, I thought the panels were even, but it seems they are a little different; hopefully the DT won't throw it out, LOL!  I did take liberty with using a tag instead of a circle element, stamping the foliage from Forever Fern in the three challenge colors and arranging them on it.  Before adhering them, I embossed the tag with the Timeworn Type embossing folder:


I diecut a sentiment with a Stylish Shapes dies, added some sequins (which really match better in real life, LOL!) and glittery ribbon and mounted everything on a Petal Pink 4 1/4" square card!  Oh, and I did make the tag a wee bit shorter by repositioning it in my die and cutting off just the end!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Forever Fern
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Petal Pink, Petal Pink DSP
 Ink Petal Pink, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories Dimensionals, Iridescent Sequins (ret), Glitter Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Forever Flourishing Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Timeworn Type EF

11 comments:

Tammy F. said...

Such a pretty card! Love the way all the elements come together! TFS!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne. I like how you used the color challenge. Just a really nice touch of color to your card.

I Card Everyone said...

My wonderful friend bought me this forever-fabulous set last year because I had played with hers so often - it's time to get mine inky! You use it so beautifully every. single. time.
=]

Lorraine said...

Very pretty with those colors. Not an easy combination, but you nailed it.

Vicky Hayes said...

Well, who knew that colour combination could look so fab LeAnne?! You picked exactly the right stamp to show the colours off and I love that you chose to display your foliage on a textured tag. Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty! I love your tone on tone background in such a pretty and soft pink. One of my favorite SU sets... and polka dots. What's not to love? Of course it won't be thrown out!

Kerry Parkinson said...

The colours and texture on your tag are just wonderful LeAnne, and highlighted perfectly by your subtle background. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

Glad you persevered because this is delightful! You have used the colors with the sketch beautifully!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! Love the colors!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty!!

Chantell Randall said...

Beautiful - such stunning stamps and a really lovely layout. Chantell Just Add Ink