Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Pink and Silver Snowflakes

 Happy Wednesday, stampers!  I have a fun little Christmas card for you today....it was easy to make but a challenge to photograph!  Let me show you the challenges I used first!  Both Christmas Kickstart and Jingle Belles want a pink Christmas, and the Tuesday Morning Sketches has a sketch, obviously:



And so here we go:


I used some beautiful pink and silver foil paper that is so pretty, but hard to capture in a photograph, so I am showing you two angles!  The paper is simply adhered to a card front and silver diecut snowflakes are attached to vellum which is then attached to the card:


Here's a "flat" version...you can see the silver foil against the pink a little better. 


The uber-cool thing about this card is that when the vellum is adhered to the patterned paper, the foil snowflakes turn WHITE!!  Who knew?  It made a perfect background for my silver foil snowflakes!  So cool!  


I added some silver twine and a little sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas, stamped in Blushing Bride and diecut with a Tasteful Labels die to finish it off!  Thanks for popping in today!


Cassidy created a pumpkin in art class...too bad it got folded in half, but it's still lovely:


I love the stem and the leaves!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Christmas
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Vellum, Silver Foil, Silver Bells DSP (Kaiser Craft)
 Ink Blushing Bride
Accessories Silver Cord (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Label Dies, Make a Snowflake Dies (Taylored Expressions)

16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is so pretty, LeAnne, so shimmery and sparkly! Thanks for joining Pop's and me at Christmas Kickstart - it's great to have you play again, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

PS Love the Pumpkin too, Jo x

Suzanne H said...

I've popped over from the Jingle Belles challenge to see your card close up. I too used a foil paper and it's so hard to capture in a photo but you've done a great job. Really lovely card.

Kampin' Karen said...

What a cool card and pumpkin!

Wendy said...

So pretty, LeAnne! I love a pink Christmas card! The silver foil snowflakes are the perfect touch but I know they do not photograph too easily! Great job with the challenges! Oh, Miss Cassidy's pumpkin is just perfect! She's very talented like her Grammy! TFS Have a wonderful day! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh that is super beautiful foiled paper, LeAnne! and perfection for this challenge. LOve the vellum, and your beautiful silver snowflakes... why can't the real deal be this pretty?
=]

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is so elegant, LeAnne! Love, love, love that paper and your silver snowflakes on vellum! Folding the pumpkin gives it added dimension! I love her shading!

Vicky Hayes said...

The pink and silver is so delicate LeAnne - I love it! Love Cassidy's pumpkin too and I'm sure it will be used as part of the halloween decor! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, those silver snowflakes are incredible! Pretty card LeAnne!

Pop's Cards said...

I love this, such a gorgeous card, I love the pumpkin too, thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge hugs Pops x

Melissa Craig said...

Wow. Your card is absolutely STUNNING. Very elegant. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sweet little pumpkin, too. Cheers to the artist!

Margreet said...

Beautiful card and I love that pumpkin too.
Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Debbie said...

Ooh! This is sooo pretty! I love the silver snowflakes!
It's so hard to get a good pic of shiny things!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Debi said...

what a totally uber cool card. That paper is sooo pretty. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Debi DT TMS

lauren bergold said...

i keep on saying it's not fair to your gorgeous cards to post them with cassidy's art bc WHO can resist that kiddo?! :) :) :) (but truly it's a beautiful card and thanks for helping us celebrate "Pink Christmas" at JINGLE BELLES!) ♥

SmilynStef said...

I love pink with silver ... thanks so much for joining our ♥ Pink Christmas... for the Cure! ♥ at Jingle Belles.