Saturday, October 17, 2020

Mad for Plaid

 Happy Saturday, peeps!  A couple of quick cards today, I have stampers coming!  The first one is for the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch, courtesy of my sweet, creative friend Linda, as well as the CAS On Sunday challenge, which is plaid:

And here we go, using some Plaid Tidings and a CTMH autumn set:


This plaid reminds me of candy corn...hmmmm, maybe I should do another one!  Anyway, I stamped and colored the pumpkins with Memento ink and blends, then added a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret):


I just love this little lineup of punkins!  And I made another plaid-themed card, although this one looked better in my head than in real life...I think all the different plaids are too jarring together, but I am sure I can find someone who will enjoy a plethora of plaids!


I always have all these little scraps of DSP lying about, so I cut a bunch to 3/4" wide and used my Banners Pick a Punch to punch them out, then layered them on top of a Crumb Cake base and added some ribbon and an embossed sentiment!


That's it for today!  Thanks for visiting--be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret), Autumn Blessings (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Plaid Tidings DSP
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Autumn Blessings Dies (CTMH), Blends

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lovely You
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Plaid Tidings DSP
 Ink Craft White
Accessories Flowers for All Seasons Ribbon
Tools     Banners Pick a Punch, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder

11 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

The second card is a great way to use up scraps but the first one is beyond adorable- love those pumpkins and so perfect for Linda’s fab sketch this week! Have a fun stamping day with your friends today!

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your punkin line up! The design is great and the candy corn plaid is perfect. That is quite an array of plaid banners. I know Mary Deatherage loves plaid! You are a blessing, Miss LeAnne! Have fun today with your stamp group.

I Card Everyone said...

TWO of my favorite things: plaid, AND candy corn? If I were the judge, you'd be the winner, LeAnne!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love plaid - especially for fall! And your sweet lineup of pumpkins is as cute as can be!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow - gorgeous pumpkin card. That plaid is perfect for your row of pumpkins (wonderfully coloured by the way. Great line up of plaid banners on the second card too.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've used the plaid! Fantastic cards LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

Love the plaids, especially the first card with the Fall colors! The second card is a fantastic way to use up scraps!

Allisa said...

Soo cute! Love how you added the sentiment to your pumpkin line up!

Marilyn said...

Cute card So!

Kim S said...

LOVE your creative use of the row of pumpkins on this sketch!! The plaid is just right behind them. (And you can never have too much plaid!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Ellen said...

Great plaid card! The colors are perfect for halloween. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!