Saturday, October 24, 2020

FMS458 A Friend with Chocolate

 Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend.  This afternoon is our church's harvest party...a wee bit different than last year's but hopefully still fun for the kiddos!  

So today's card is for the FMS sketch this week from Kim:

This is such a great sketch, and I can see it being used with lots of little DSP scraps!  But as I was perusing my Martha Stewart magazine a day or so ago, I came across this "Magnolia Manifesto" from Chip and Joanna Gaines, and it reminded me of this sketch:


Such a fun thought and I loved the colors....so I put on my thinking cap to see how I could translate it to a card, and here's what I came up with, using some OLD stamps, LOL, and flipping the sketch to its side!


I pulled out an old stamp set I got at AC Moore many moons ago....not even sure of the name of the set or the maker, but they all feature sayings from kids, and they're very cute.  A friend with chocolate is a very good friend indeed! I stamped the swooshy image from the retired Work of Art in Bumblebee, Gray Granite, Poppy Parade, Sage Shadow (ret) and Petal Pink, then stamped the sentiment on each color.  They're clear stamps, so I cut them apart to make them easier to stamp.  I trimmed my panel down, mounted it on a Basic Black mat and added a sentiment from an old Lil'Inkers set and a heart from Banner Year before embossing my card with the Subtle EF.  


And before I did this card, I did a trial run on some Walmart cardstock, and I liked it so much, I mounted it on a Bumblebee card base and now I have two!


I wasn't real crazy about where the birthday sentiment was, but I liked the rest of it, so I'm sticking with it!  Thanks for popping in today!

"Give thanks to the God of heaven; his love endures forever." Psalm 136:26

A little cuddlebug...or should I say, "cuddle-chihuahua"?


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Banner Year, Work of Art (ret),  Friend with Chocolate (unknown), Rainbow & Cloud (Lil'Inker)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Bumblebee
 Ink Memento Black, Bumblebee, Gray Granite, Poppy Parade, Sage Shadow (ret), Petal Pink
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder

13 comments:

Greta said...

Very creative use of the sketch--love them both! Sweet puppydog picture!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this LeAnne! Isn’t it funny the places we find inspiration sometimes and your quote is the perfect way to bring your design together. So true too - friends with chocolate are definitely the best kind! Enjoy your harvest celebrations today.

Carol L said...

I love your take on that sketch with these two great cards! Love those older stamps and how cute both cards turned out! Love that little snuggle pup too - I miss my chihuahuas (we had 2 of them along with a mini dachshund)

Kampin' Karen said...

I like the placement of the Happy Birthday. Wal-Mart has some pretty good card stock. I have Fudge Brownie M & M's on the kitchen table along with 3 Snickers bars. I could be your friend...wait...I am! Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne I love this post from top, to bottom - and everything in between!
I remember when these sentiments from kids came out - I even recall they asked for submissions, which I did! Something two of my grands always said suits your cards today:
GOOD JOB, CORN-ON-THE-COB! I'll add WWCD!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love to hear the process of how people come up with ideas! Yours is genius.....results are wonderful!

Colleen Begley said...

I love it too! Isn't it great when this kind of inspiration happens?! (And, what great insight from an 11 year old, LOL.)

Unknown said...

Hi LeAnne!
I really like this card because I have that stamp set as well. It is called Friendly Advice and its fromInkadinkado. I bought this set years ago when I was still teaching because the stamps are quotes from kids. Very cute!

Bonnie said...

I believe Miss Sophie has it right with this saying! A friend with chocolate is a double blessing! Love it both ways, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card AND sentiment! Sophie sounds like my kind of friend!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a creative take on the sketch! Love the mix of colours and that sentiment is both super true and super fun! I love chocolate! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a great way to highlight this terrific sentiment! It's always a treat to see your designs in the FMS gallery!

Kim S said...

LOVE your inspiration and how you used it!! I've always loved those old stamps done by kids! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.