Sunday, January 12, 2020

PP473 Thankful Wreath


Happy Sunday, everyone!  The talented, fun Anne Marie is our Paper Players hostess today with a cool color challenge:


I admit that at first, these colors really DID challenge me!  But I thought perhaps a floral design would work, so I pulled out a couple of sets and started stamping!  Here we go:


I used the wreath from Sweetly Swirled, stamped it in Crumb Cake, and some florals from A Big Thank You, stamped in the challenge colors.  Then I fussy-cut them out and placed them on a white panel, matted with Crumb Cake:


I added a Linen Thread bow, then heat-embossed a sentiment on a panel of vellum for the horizontal piece; I like how the stamping still shows through a little!


I embossed the background of the card with the Tufted embossing folder and added a panel of Rich Razzleberry DSP to fit the sketch from Case This Sketch:


I hope you'll jump on the Paper Player train and play with our colors this week!  You can see what all our talented designers created at the Paper Players blog!!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

When pressed by color choices, florals are always the way to go, LeAnne... you've done it! Beautifully!
=]

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! This is a wonderful layout. I love the embossed background, and the heat embossed sentiment. What an awesome fussy cutting job, my friend!!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Nice use of the colors, LeAnne! The whole design team did an amazing job this week! Thanks for sharing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

You would never guess that these colors were a challenge, LeAnne! This is such a beautiful card. I love the clean design and the heat embossing on vellum is such a fabulous detail. The colors really pop and you have totally inspired me to ink up this stamp set.

Stef Perry said...

The layers of flowers on the wreath looks gorgeous and the embossed background is so elegant! Florals and lots of white space always help me out when I encounter a challenging color combo, and you did it perfectly LeAnne!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is a gorgeous card! I love the embossed background, the beautiful flowers and the sentiment on the vellum. The little twine bow is perfect. I think you rocked these colors! Have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

Lisa Elton said...

Florals were the perfect choice LeAnne, this is fantastic!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Florals are always a good way to go if there's a little green in the combo and this simple wreath really sets these colours off to good effect. I love the heat embossed sentiment on the vellum too - a nice way to add it in and still keep the overall feel very CAS. Great job LeAnne!

Allisa said...

Great card, love the mix of elements! I really need to use my vellum more often!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, only you could use so many layers and yet make it feel so beautifully CAS. THe wreath is fabulous, especially against that textured background and the vellum sentiment works perfectly. Gorgeous
hugs
jaydee