Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Card Concept 126


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  I am excited to announce that I've been asked to be on the Card Concept DT!  I want to thank Julie for giving me the chance to participate! I have admired their challenges, not just because Julie chooses amazing inspiration photos, but also because they highlight different "styles" of design!  When you play along, you're asked to identify which style you've used for that particular week!  They have a page that describes all the different styles, so I am looking forward to stretching my creativity and hopefully I can nail all of them at some point!  Today, we have a lovely photo prompt to kick off the new year:


Today is my sister Joyce's birthday, and she is a beekeeper!  Actually, she has embraced many different interests in her life...she loves horses, she's raised chickens, she's bred rabbits, she is a bird nerd like me, encouraged martins but putting up a big martin house, but her latest venture is beekeeping!  So the Honey Bee stamp set was the first thing that popped into my shopping cart when it became available!  For my card today, I chose the gold and vanilla elements to create a Clean and Layered card for my sis:


I began with a Crumb Cake card base and added a Very Vanilla layer which was embossed with the Pine Planks EF with a few little diecut honeycombs on top.  My hive was stamped with Crumb Cake as well, and the flowers were heat-embossed with gold embossing powder, diecut and adhered next to the hive:



There are several bee dies in the Detailed Bee set; this big one was diecut from Gold Foil--isn't it impressive? 


I adhered it near a gold-embossed birthday sentiment (Rustic Retreat), which had been diecut from the new Stitched So Sweetly dies (and also has some gold thread behind it!):


Finally, one last embossing:  a birthday sentiment from Perennial Birthday on the inside, along with a couple more little bees!  I hope she likes it!


I hope that you'll play along with our challenge at The Card Concept, and be sure to stop by to see how all the DT members have interpreted this pretty photo!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Cassidy had off school the day before Christmas eve, so I asked Lee and Jackie to come over to make some cookies.  I had the dough already made and rolled out, so all they had to do was cut and sprinkle!


Jackie was very neat and precise in her sprinkling!


Whereas Lee was a more "one and done" kinda guy---he used a whole jar of gold sprinkles on his, LOL!


But they had fun and each went home with a wee little plate of yummies!


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Honey Bee, Rustic Retreat
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
 Ink Crumb Cake, Gold Encore (ret)
Accessories Gold Thread, Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Pine Planks EF, Detailed Bees Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Heat Tool

9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the card LeAnne - so perfect for your bee-keeping Sis, I'm sure she will love it - that gold diecut bee is fab! Huge congratulations on joining the Card Concept team - love this challenge! Great inspiration photo from Julie this week as always, so will be trying to play along too!

Kampin' Karen said...

Joyce is going to bee very happy with her card. What a great design and love the colors you chose. Congrats on joining the DT, what an honor! You can see the joy on Jackie's face with her cookie creations. You are helping them live life to the fullest!! Who doesn't love cookies??? Have a blessed day because you ARE a blessing.

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous take on this week's inspiration photo! I love that gold bee, the bit of honeycomb, and the pretty beehive! Absolutely perfect!

Cindy Beach said...

A great card, LeAnne! Love how you personalized the trendy bee images for your sister's card. And warmest congrats on your new DT gig! Don't know how you keep up with as many challenges as you do, but I love checking your blog often!

Linda Callahan said...

The card is beautiful! And yep Julie is an amazing artist....so glad you joined the team because you are pretty amazing yourself!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I am SO excited, and proud of you, LeAnne!!! That is a fabulous Challenge - one I used to play with a lot! Where has all my time gone?? lol
Your card is just as sweet as any bee-keeper could dream of... the little hive is so darling! Well done, you!!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Cute card, LeAnne! Congratulations on being chosen as a designer for Card Concept! You do great work. Thanks for sharing. Love the pics of the kids and the cookies!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is exciting LeAnne!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you'll rock any style you choose. I mean just look at today's spectacular card. Your sister is one lucky lady. Love this!!

StampinwithAnita said...

I am sure your sister loved this card, LeeAnne! So perfect and I enjoyed your blog post. I am new to the DT team too! Should be fun creating with The Card Concept...