Thursday, January 2, 2020

IB105 Winter Hues


Happy day after New Year's, everyone!  I spent New Year's day sneezing and blowing my nose...a lovely cold/sinus infection to ring in the new year!  I did manage to get all my Christmas decorations down while watching the Mummer's Parade, a Philadelphia tradition!  But on to my card for today!  Laurel's got a pretty Inspired By challenge for us..definitely a wintry one!  Here's my take on it:



And here is her photo:

No photo description available.

I received this beautiful card from my friend Elizabeth Stewart, and I loved it so much (trying to find that stamp, too!) that I decided to use the sketch for my own card:



The main panel uses a pair of skates diecut from Impression Obsession; I used a black marker for the heels and a silver Zig Painty Pen for the blades.  I mounted it on a lace-print panel which was mounted on a Brushed Silver mat, and I added some shabby seam binding, dyed with gray ink, from my stash:


I heat-embossed a birthday sentiment from Papertrey in Silver, then added a little Tim Holtz Ideology Seasonal sticker and some big silver sequins:


It was all mounted on a white woodgrain piece of DSP, and I heat-embossed a new sentiment from So Sentimental on the inside:


And since I need several January birthday cards, this one is already in the mail!  I hope you can find some inspiration from our prompt this week...be sure to stop by Inspired By and share your creation with us!  Thanks for popping in today!

Mommy and Wayne let Cassidy stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve!  She looks much more chipper than I did!!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps So Sentimental, Wreath for All Seasons (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Brushed Silver (both ret), Silver Bells and Wonderland DSP (both Kaisercraft)
 Ink Silver Encore (ret)
Accessories Silver Embossing Powder, Seam Binding (from my stash), Silver Sequins (ret), Silver Baker's Twine (ret), Ideology Sticker (Tim Holtz)
Tools     Heat Tool, Big Shot, Skate Die (Impression Obsession), Black Marker, Zig Painty Pen

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these little skates, LeAnne! A perfect take on the challenge!

Carol L said...

What a great way to kick of 2020 with such a pretty card! I really like the ice skates and the crinkly ribbon! So sorry you (along with practically everyone I know) has come down a cold! Here's hoping you feel much better in the days ahead. Happy New Year to you and yours :)

I Card Everyone said...

Is it not crazy that we've used the same skates?? I love how you've hung yours into this beautiful card!
=]

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Happy 2020 to you and your family!!

Kampin' Karen said...

So sorry you are under the weather. I miss seeing the Mummer's Parade. We only get the Rose Bowl. I'm not even in a card-making mood today! I have an order for an engagement card and retirement card so I've got to snap out of it!! Get well quickly.

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the white and gray......beautiful card! My daughter taped the ball drop so Emma could see it in the morning.....she wasn’t
impressed...lol.....

Lisa Elton said...

Love those pretty little skates! This has just the right amount of winter. It's wonderful LeAnne. Sorry you're under the weather and hope you feel better soon. I came down with a cold on Christmas day ~ ugh...