Wednesday, June 12, 2019

TMS507 Times Two


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  I've got a double-header for you today; I saw this sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, and since I love things in threes, I knew I had to play!  So I made not one, but two cards with the sketch!  Here it is:


SU has outdone themselves with some of the new DSPs this year!  My first card uses some Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP; I cut out a few of the butterflies from the paper to use as the two outer elements of the sketch:  


My Soft Suede frame was made with two Stitched Rectangle Dies, and I used a vellum panel behind it so that some of the beautiful DSP could show through.  Using my Stamparatus, Soft Suede and Versamark inks, and clear embossing powder, I heat-embossed a sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet in the center:



And since I had the leftover Soft Suede panel from my frame sitting on my desk, I used it to create another card, this time a note card, and I used some papers from the Garden Lane series:


I used two coordinating patterns, then diecut two little birds from a scrap of Soft Suede using the Botanical Tags dies.  I flipped one over, mounted them both on Whisper White circles, and stamped another wee little sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet on a third circle:


My final addition was a little Mint Macaron twine bow!  Love these colors and patterns!


I know this is not a very good picture, but on Sunday morning, we were eating breakfast and gazing out on the open field through the patio window, where we often see turkey buzzards or hawks.  I said to John, "I've never seen a turkey buzzard with a white head before!"...and got my binoculars, and of course, it was NOT a turkey buzzard, but a bald eagle!!  We have seen a couple of them over the last few years, but only one other time this close, and he was flying at that time! This one sat in the field for over an hour...I only wish I could have gotten a better shot of him!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Soft Suede, Vellum, Mosaic Mood DSP
 Ink Versamark, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Heat Tool, Stamparatus

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Soft Suede, Whisper White Notecard, Garden Lane DSP
 Ink Soft Suede
Accessories Mini Dimensionals, Nature's Twine
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Botanical Tags Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch

12 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! What a great shot of the bald eagle, LeAnne! That is exciting! And double WOW on your beautiful cards! SU has some of the most gorgeous DSP in this catalog! Your cards are perfect for the TMS Challenge! Love both of your designs! TFS Have a great day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Two perfect cards for the sketch. I especially like the first one. Bald eagles are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous cards - love that Mosaic DSP!!! - and butterflies? come on! More please!
LOve your Eagle, and am so happy he came to visit you - no doubt he was hunting there! We had a wonderful experience fishing in our canoe and one flew right down not 100 feet from us and caught a great big Bass - we're thrilled to see them quite often, and so grateful that they are no longer endangered.
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you use leftovers.....sweet cards! I am a tosser! We see eagles at the lake sometimes and I am not a fan......I am afraid one will pick up my seven pound poodle!

Betty4 said...

Two perfect cards for sure! You are so right, there are many DSP collections I want. I'm hoping they do a buy 3 get 1 free as they did before.

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful cards! I love the bald eagle too! We have one occasionally visit our yard. So fun to watch! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Elton said...

Gosh that's pretty paper and I love the vellum in the frame! A lovely card with the birds too. How fun was your visitor. God has given us so many incredible creatures!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love both of these cards, LeAnne! Great take on the sketch with the butterflies and the birds! How awesome was that eagle in your yard!?

Patti said...

I love, love, LOVE, both of your cards LeAnne!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

These are both fantastic!! I love the way you used the vellum on the first one, and that mint brown color combo on the second card is beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Great job! I love things in 3's, too! Your cards a lovely. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of these LeAnne but I'm especially loving the cut up mosaic one - duly pinned for my collection!