Saturday, June 8, 2019

FF165 Ho Ho Ho


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I hope you have something fun planned this weekend!  I realized I am way behind on my Christmas cards, so when I saw the Jingle Belles challenge of Santa Baby, along with the sketch from Fab Friday, I thought I could combine the two!


Using papers from My Mind's Eye Winterberry line, I stamped Santa and a little sentiment in Merry Merlot ink:


I added a diecut scallop, backed with the same papers and added some bling for fun!


A sentiment and some snowflakes from the same set (Close to My Heart Santa Claus) finished it off!


Another for the stash!  

On a personal note, we had quite a scare on Thursday; my nephew attends West Point and was participating in tactical training when a member of his class was killed in a vehicle accident.  My sister spent several hours in tears, wondering if he was okay.  Blessedly he was, but our hearts go out to the Morgan family who lost their son.  We were all praying hard that day!  Here is a picture of him, his sister Jessie, Cassidy and my two great-nieces Emma and Lucy, when they were all visiting after my dad's funeral!  The kids LOVE him!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Santa Claus (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Smoky Slate, Winterberry DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Smoky Slate, Merry Merlot
Accessories Rhinestones
Tools     Big Shot, Scallop Dies (Close to My Heart)

11 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fun card!

Heather said...

Such a fun Santa, LeAnne! Great papers to go with - super cute take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is so cheery and fun but your news is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss and his family's loss. Can you believe I don't own a Santa stamp...at least I don't think I do...lol.

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous Santa ... love the Merlot color ... so glad you joined our Santa Celebration at Jingle Belles.

Linda Callahan said...

Your jolly Santa is so cute! And glad your nephew is safe....such a tragedy....

Lisa Elton said...

Your Santa card is festive and fun! Such sad news, my heart goes out to the family. Glad to hear your nephew is okay.

JoAnn said...

Love your fun Santa card. Very sad about the West Point incident. Prayers for the Morgan family. Thankful your nephew is o.k. Blessings to the family.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card LeAnne - I think it's a winner! So sorry to hear of your sad news but thankful your nephew is safe.

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet design! Love your card, perfect for making bunches at Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, how do you manage to use text paper as a background and still make a gloriously CAS card?! absolutely love, missus! so happy you could help us celebrate santa at JINGLE BELLES! (ps: so thankful that the Dude is ok!) ♥

Amanda Mertz said...

If you're making Christmas cards in June and you think you're behind then I am so behind I might be still in 2018 lol!! Very Cute card! I like the gray and dark red combo! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!