Monday, June 3, 2019

SSC206 Two Sympathy Cards

 

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend!  We had a crafty yard sale on Saturday and it was crazy for an hour or so!  I can finally see the floor of my craftroom and got rid of some tubs of retired product I had been saving up!  

I needed sympathy cards this week; two brothers lost their mom, so I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps to make two easy cards.  Here's the sketch:


And here we go:



The first one uses a Paper Pumpkin card front that I cut down, then trimmed the back panel for the back layer:


I used a sentiment from Better Together (I cut it apart so that I could position it the way I wanted...fits the oval better!) and diecut it with a Stitched Shape oval, popped it up and it was done!!  

The second one is a little stepped-up; it uses the Graceful Glass DSP, which I totally forgot I had!  Turning the sketch on its side, I colored the back of the vellum with blends, backed it with a scrap of white cardstock, added a mat of Strawberry Slush and a panel of Basic Black:


I added a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings, diecut with the Stitched Rectangle die and attached it with a dimensional!  Still very easy but quite pretty!


Thanks for popping in today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow where I'll have a new Retro Rubber challenge for you!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

No Cassidy pictures, but this picture of my great-nephew Sawyer was so cute, I just couldn't wait to share it:


Love that little ginger!

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Better Together
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Paper Pumpkin May 2019
 Ink Balmy Blue
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Basic Black, Strawberry Slush (ret), Graceful Glass DSP
 Ink Stazon Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Blends in Various Colors

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your coloring is perfect! What PP kit is the other one from? It's probably one I haven't opened! Sawyer is too cute...that hair!

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne! So sorry you needed this type of card but you made these look super easy to create! Love the soft blue on the one and I love how you colored the vellum one! And that little ginger is just super sweet! Made me smile! TFS and have a great day! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Since I'm well into bluebirds 'round here, your gorgeous paper ones caught my attention right off the bat - so beautiful!
But this stained-glass-like panel is just out of this world gorgeous, LeAnne! [so is this beautiful boy!]
=]

Heather said...

Beautiful, LeAnne - so sorry they were needed, but the cards are warm and lovely - great coloring on the vellum! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

A double dose of prettiness Darnell! Love the stained glass card, the colors are wonderful. That Sawyer is a little cutie patootie!

Heidi Baks said...

Lovely clean card and smart to have the patterned paper or patterned vellum do "the work" of the card. Really beautiful! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous! That stained glass card is my favorite though! Both are certain to bring peace to the recipient! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Lisa said...

Stunning cards! It's sad that you had to make them but I know the recipients greatly appreciated the thought and beauty of them.

Thank you for playing along with Sunday Stamps!