Friday, June 21, 2019

AYSI203 My Favorite Color to Wear


Happy Friday, peeps!  Thankfully, our hot, humid, sticky weather is supposed to break today---yay!  Just in time for a fun As You See It challenge too...check this one out!

Image may contain: text

What a great idea!  My favorite colors to wear are anything in the peach/coral/orange family!  In fact, in my (1972) senior yearbook likes and dislikes, I list "orange" as my favorite color!  SO....I inked up some new stamps and went to work:


I used Flirty Flamingo for my DSP and to ink up Bloom and Grow twice; I then colored the blooms with Light Pumpkin Pie and Light Calypso Coral Blends.  These images diecut like a breeze...aren't they gorgeous?  I added a lacy border from the Arts and Crafts Die, and although you can't see it, another scalloped border of Calypso Coral:


My final addition was a stamped sentiment (Sweetly Swirled) and some Iridescent sequins:


My sketch is from FMS, although I totally spazzed about the sentiment placement!  Oh well!

Maybe this is a little too much orange-ness going on, but I love it anyway!  Hope you'll share something using your favorite colors too!  We can't wait to see it at As You See It!

Our local library had a Teddy Bear Picnic in the park yesterday, and Cassidy, Lee, Lee's mom and sister all attended; we brought our lunches, listened to Miss Lisa read some books, and then the kids played games and did a coloring craft:




It was a nice way to spend our lunch hour!  Thanks for popping by today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Bloom and Grow, Sweetly Swirled
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo DSP
 Ink Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral
Accessories Iridescent Sequins, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Budding Blooms Dies, Arts and Crafts Dies, Blends in Light Pumpkin Pie and Calypso Coral

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

There is no such thing as too much when it comes to these coral/peachy/orangey colors … LeAnne, you wear it well!
Gorgeous!
=]

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card with such pretty colors, LeAnne! Your card fits the bill just perfectly and I love the DSP you used. I use to have an orange stamp room at my other house....man was it ever bright! LOL Looks like the kids had a nice time yesterday! It was really muggy but so glad it's on it's way out for the weekend! TFS and enjoy your day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your card and the day spent in the park!

Barb said...

Love your card and those colors, which happen to be my favorite colors as well! No wonder I enjoy your blog so much!!! 😉

Linda Callahan said...

Total wow card....fabulous colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my, this is PRETTY!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a beautiful card, Lee Anne! Gorgeous colors! Love your flowers embellishing both top and bottom of the center panel. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

This is beautiful! The flowers and lace framing the sentiment is gorgeous - and the patterned paper is a lovely touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

JoAnn said...

Such a pretty card with those borders and lovely color combo. I think the colors look great. Congrats on your card being chosen for a Princess at FMS.