Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One of Those Days…..

DSCF8544

I’m having an icky day…..it’s cloudy and damp; my internet connection is sporadic, which is making my attempt to do my little part-time accounting job from home next to impossible, and I have had very little stamping time this week.  Whine, whine, whine.  I need to remember that God is in control of ALL things and I don’t need to be anxious! 

I don’t have anything new to post, no challenges that I’ve done, but I thought I’d share a project we made at one of my stamp clubs, highlighting the Simply Scored scoring tool….something that I put off purchasing but now am glad I did!!!  Here is our project:

DSCF8545

We used the Simply Scored to score the Pool Party background as well as the Spice Cake DP to make the medallion that is so popular right now.  As a demonstrator, it’s a great time-saving tool, as a large piece of paper can be scored, and then cut into smaller components  for your club or workshop.  Here we topped the medallion with another piece of Spice Cake punched from the Triple Blossom punch and added an Antique Brad.  I did find from trial and error that hot glue works the best to keep these little 3D puppies together!  A little ribbon and simple sentiment, and our birthday card was done!  Thanks for visiting today---I hope your day is going well!

DSCF8742

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Bring on the Cake
  • Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Pool Party, Spice Cake DP
  • Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Acc:  Simply Scored, Chocolate Chip Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon, Antique Brad, Hot Glue Gun, Triple Blossom Punch

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh what a sweet picture of Cassidy!
Love the card. So pretty.

Denise Willerton said...

super cute card LeAnne ~ praying for you my friend through this icky day!

Linda Fisher said...

Great card and full of technique. I too love the new scoring tool makes life much easier! Hope your day is better tomorrow!

Cheryl M. said...

You really scored with that card! Hope things go more smoothly for you soon :)

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Don't you just hate it when you feel like you've got "nothing" to post about?

So I popped up a "not a card" card that has taken me weeks to finish.

Pennie said...

I love this card LeAnne!