Friday, October 28, 2011

One More Halloween Card with FMS

DSCF9200

Can you handle one more Halloween card? I sent a lot of my cards to my local Curves for their upcoming craft sale, so I was scrambling to come up with one to mail to a friend! I used this week’s Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

FMS8

and pulled out my little Greeting Card Kids set, which has been totally neglected! Because I wanted a quick card, I chose to do this in a monochromatic theme:

DSCF9201

Cajun Craze is my color of choice, another neglected color from my ink pad rack! I used some elements from Creative Elements to make a frame for my sentiment and around the edge of the mat; a little button & rickrack from Tasteful Trims finishes it off.

DSCF9203

DSCF9202

Isn’t she a sweetie? Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

DSCF9156

Wee Details:

  • Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Creative Elements
  • Paper: Naturals Ivory, Cajun Craze, Cajun Craze Patterns DP
  • Ink: Cajun Craze
  • Acc: Tasteful Trims Die, Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch, Nestie, Natural Button

15 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

I LOVE this halloween card LeAnne ~ wow...super cute ~ I love all the elements that you created using stamps!!! and the color is fabulous ~ I've had such a hard time creating lately, it seems my Mojo gets lost when I'm not playing as often as I usually do...Have a wonderful weekend, and yes, Cassidy is sure a cutie!!!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Got back from Indiana last night and I had packages waiting for me from Amazon with dies for my cards! Wheeeeee. And while there, I cleaned out Ben Franklin's craft store!

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous Halloween card LeAnne, love the monochromatic toning - yep, I can relate to the underused CC ... love all the detailing, and that focal image is perfect!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!

I love your pics of Cassidy ... she sure is a sweetie!!!

Jen Timko said...

That monochromatic look with the Cajun Craze is awesome! I love all the details! Glad you could join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Renee said...

Wow! So cute! Love the color :)

Linda Callahan said...

I love the monochromatic look - this is really cute! I say dress that sweetpea up and sit her on a pumpkin with a broom!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Gorgeous Leanne! Very elegant and fun. I'm already picturing this same style and layout in different colors with different images. Love, love, love what you did with the Creative Elements image and all the layering elements.

Jen Mitchell said...

LeAnne, this is a wonderful Halloween card! I love how you used the stamp from Creative Elements to frame the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Susie Moore said...

I love the detail of your card!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

LeAnne Beautiful job on this card. You have so many elements and yet it is so clean looking... how do you do these things!! lol You are the best!!

Hugs
Shirley

Rita W said...

Ummm....awesomeness! I never thought I'd say that about a Cajun Craze card, but wow! I only use that color in small doses, but you made it look amazing here! I love the combination of stamp sets too. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

I bet this would even work with the color that terrifies me, Tangerine Tango!

Renae Lyon said...

Fabulous monochromatic card! I love what you did with the sentiment and all the other little details.

None None said...

LrAnne - this is super cute, love the word window punch sentiment on either side of the center element. And that monochromatic look is so sleek!

Cassidy is adorable, as always!

Lesley said...

Monochromatic is perfect with this layout LeAnne...clean and cute! A great combo! So happy you join us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Smiles,
Lesley

Cindy Hall said...

Gorgeous! I love all the fine details. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!