Sunday, July 24, 2011

Paper Players 56

DSCF2398

Hi everyone!  It’s Sunday and that means a challenge from the Paper PlayersAnne Marie is our hostess today and she’s got a fun sketch for us:

PP56 sketch

To fulfill my once-a-week Christmas card challenge to myself, I made another card using the Snow Much Fun set (again), and I took the liberty of moving the sentiment because it just fit better with my image:

PP56

It’s a little smaller than a standard card, so there is room for the sentiment to extend and still fit in a standard envelope.  The base is Island Indigo with a surprise pop of Calypso Coral for a mat.  His little carrot nose and the brad embellishment help pull the colors together.   Mr. Snowman is stamped in Stazon on Crumb Cake and watercolored and markered and glittered and he is just a happy fellow:

DSCF2400

I even glittered up the sentiment a little!

DSCF2398-1

I hope that you will play with the Paper Players this week because we’d love to see your take on this fun sketch! 

DSCF2372

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Snow Much Fun, Jolly Old St Nick
  • Paper:  Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Stazon, Craft White, Pool Party
  • Acc:  Polka Dot Brad, Modern Label Punch, Northern Frost Die, White & Black Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainter, Pool Party, Calypso Coral & Certainly Celery Markers, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dauber 

14 comments:

Lauri said...

What a fun holiday card, Leanne! I love the image on the crumb cake, and the glitter is a happy little addition!

Linda Fisher said...

I see so much fun in this card. You just gotta love this stamp set. The glitter adds the perfect 'cool' touch. AWESOME card and Granddaughter!

Lorraine said...

Cute card. Very nicely colored and should I say - the snow looks very refreshing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I love everything about this one! I just got this set and can't wait to ink it up. I especially like how the snowman and the sparkle really stand out on the Crumb Cake card stock. I love the "island" colors for a holiday card, too. Such a fun and happy card! Speaking of happy...Cassidy looks like she is having a great time. She's adorable! Have a great day! :)

Nance Leedy said...

OH LeAnne these colors together are amazing and I love them for Christmas! Fantabulous coloring job on your glittery snowman and I love the frosted sentiment!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I'm not one for sending Christmas cards, but this year "HOPE YOUR CHRISTMAS IS SNOW MUCH FUN" will be on cards...hoping there IS lots of snow in Indiana.

That will make moving to Florida worth it. No shoveling, no scraping, no danger of slipping on ice or using the generator.

lisa808 said...

Fun card with the glitter and corner snowflakes.

jjcreations said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!! Love all the details with the glitter and I know I'm going to love those polka dot brads! Great card.

Denise Willerton said...

fabulous Christmas card to add to your 'one a week' LeAnne ~ you always inspire me! have a wonderful day my friend :-)

t_bar_star said...

Such a great Christmas card - so cute and happy! Theresa x

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable snowman card! I love the added touch of glitter! You did a fabulous job with the sketch!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, I am in LOVE with this fabulous card. The Indigo and Coral are so unexpected but work amazingly well together. I can't wait to ink up my snowman set. I love the repetition of circles on this card, too. Thanks for another peek at the gorgeous Cassidy. She really is growing up!
So sorry to have missed you at convention
hugs
jaydee

Tui Nathan said...

Oh what a super fun card Leanne ... makes me feel all happy inside ... love how you have added the DD gives it great dimension. Great looking colours too!!!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

What a fun Christmas card, LeAnne! I love the snowflake corners too