Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blue Bird Less Is More

DSCF2215

I squeaked in a little time to stamp yesterday afternoon, and it was a good thing….this card didn’t take long to create!  Less is More has a “shades of blue” challenge and this only used two shades:  Bashful Blue and Pacific Point, which I am beginning to like more and more:

DSCF2212

I had a piece of textured WW in my scrap bag, so I “stamped” four rectangles in Bashful Blue using my clear acrylic block. In the rectangles,  I then lightly stamped the berry from Always, and stamped the bird and sentiment in Pacific Point.  (The sentiment is from a new set from Laura and it is a cutie---this is the first I’ve had a chance to play with it, maybe next month after convention, I’ll have some more time!)  So simple and yet so striking:

DSCF2214-1

Such a shame this set is retired!  Well, thanks for visiting today!

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Always, Cloud & Rainbow Sentiments, Lil’Inker
  • Paper:  WW, Textured WW, Pacific Point
  • Ink:  Bashful Blue, Pacific Point
  • Acc:  Acrylic Block, Dimensionals

DSCF2147

Cassidy and an admirer!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

A lovely card, I do like birds, saw your card at Less is More,
Sandy

Bev J. said...

Love the block background you created-a lovely card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is great, might have to go pull out some blue...

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful CAS card LeAnne! so pretty in the blues! Cassidy is such a dolly!

Vicky Hayes said...

Those blues look fabulous together and I'm a little sad that bird has retired too - he never made it to the UK! Nice to see your granddaughter already has admirers at her feet!

Carol L said...

That's a fabulous background you created! Love the C&S look of this!

Ruthie said...

this is gorgeous... love the background!!!!

Elaine M said...

What a great background you came up with!! Love these colors together.

Mandi said...

FAB card Leanne
We would prefer to see a bit more white space but your card is stunning
nevertheless
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is more"

Lorraine said...

I have to say that I love this. Using your acrylic block for the background is genius. Have to give that a try! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sylvia said...

You have been busy, LeAnne! Love this retired set as well. Love your colors and that little girl! Is that corn field yours? I miss ours of 40 years ago!

Kathyk said...

SUPER card

Kathyk