Saturday, July 2, 2011



Happy Saturday!  It is a lovely, hot summer day here in PA, perfect for the start of the 4th of July holiday!  Hope you have some fun plans lined up!

I hadn’t played with the JUGS girls for a while, and this week’s challenge was a sketch:


I had to laugh when I saw Elise’s card here, because I had just printed out a cool cowboy silhouette and wanted to use it on a card.  Mine is not as spectacular as hers, but it was fun to make nonetheless, and will be a great addition to my masculine birthday card stash:


I can’t remember where the digi came from, but the other images are from Mark’s Finest, and papers are from Cosmo Cricket.  Here’s the inside:


Thanks for visiting today!  If you have any questions, just shoot me an email!



  1. Leanne, I think of yours as more of a Paul Revere-ish figure than a cowboy -- Paul was just ahead of his time with the modern flag -- no bells! I LOVE the pics of your granddaughter, they always make me smile.

  2. LeAnne! I LOVE this card, I really like the silhouette effect and the papers you used, what a lovely, patriotic card :) Have a great 4th!

  3. Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Happy 4th of July weekend to you and yours!

  4. Great card. It is a very pretty day here in WI. Yesterday was so hot and humid. Today is perfect.
    I love the card. Is that a die cut? very cool.

  5. Love your take on the challenge!

  6. Brilliant card - perfect for this weekend! Have a fabulous holiday!

  7. Yee haw! This is a rootin' tootin' patriotic card, indeed! Love the added distressing, too. Cassidy is getting SO big, too. She's such a cutie! :)

  8. This is just TOO FABULOUS LeAnne!!! Love the cowboy silhouette with the flag!!! Such a beautiful, patriotic card! Happy 4th!

  9. This is wonderful Leanne!

  10. LeAnne, another great card. I LOVE the twine sewn through the pinking hearts border, what an unexpected and delightful touch.

  11. What an awesome card LeAnne! I love that cowboy with the flag it's so patriotic and the colors you chose rock!!!

    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!



    THIS carrrrrrrd!

    {Are you KIDDING me!?} Turn OUT the lights - I'm done. You've out COWBOYED me, for sure! But, sniff-sniff.... I'll survive, 'cause I'm tuff! {Like my horse trainer always says, "if you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough!} YOU are hall of fame, in my book, lovely friend! YOU made the JUST US GIRLS sketch ROCK! Yee Haw!

  13. Ohhh! That is one fabulous horse and flag image. I can't believe Elise doesn't have this one! ;) You did this sketch up right girlie! Congrats on being our chic of the week!


Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!