Saturday, July 2, 2011

JUGS91

DSCF2106-1

Happy Saturday!  It is a lovely, hot summer day here in PA, perfect for the start of the 4th of July holiday!  Hope you have some fun plans lined up!

I hadn’t played with the JUGS girls for a while, and this week’s challenge was a sketch:

jugs91

I had to laugh when I saw Elise’s card here, because I had just printed out a cool cowboy silhouette and wanted to use it on a card.  Mine is not as spectacular as hers, but it was fun to make nonetheless, and will be a great addition to my masculine birthday card stash:

DSCF2105-1

I can’t remember where the digi came from, but the other images are from Mark’s Finest, and papers are from Cosmo Cricket.  Here’s the inside:

DSCF2108

Thanks for visiting today!  If you have any questions, just shoot me an email!

DSCF2102

13 comments:

Queen Mary said...

Leanne, I think of yours as more of a Paul Revere-ish figure than a cowboy -- Paul was just ahead of his time with the modern flag -- no bells! I LOVE the pics of your granddaughter, they always make me smile.

Unknown said...

LeAnne! I LOVE this card, I really like the silhouette effect and the papers you used, what a lovely, patriotic card :) Have a great 4th!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Happy 4th of July weekend to you and yours!

Linda said...

Great card. It is a very pretty day here in WI. Yesterday was so hot and humid. Today is perfect.
I love the card. Is that a die cut? very cool.

Patrice said...

Love your take on the challenge!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant card - perfect for this weekend! Have a fabulous holiday!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Yee haw! This is a rootin' tootin' patriotic card, indeed! Love the added distressing, too. Cassidy is getting SO big, too. She's such a cutie! :)

Andrea M said...

This is just TOO FABULOUS LeAnne!!! Love the cowboy silhouette with the flag!!! Such a beautiful, patriotic card! Happy 4th!

Jo said...

This is wonderful Leanne!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, another great card. I LOVE the twine sewn through the pinking hearts border, what an unexpected and delightful touch.
Hugs
Jaydee

Kathryn B said...

What an awesome card LeAnne! I love that cowboy with the flag it's so patriotic and the colors you chose rock!!!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

Elise said...

IIIIIII

LOVE

THIS carrrrrrrd!

{Are you KIDDING me!?} Turn OUT the lights - I'm done. You've out COWBOYED me, for sure! But, sniff-sniff.... I'll survive, 'cause I'm tuff! {Like my horse trainer always says, "if you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough!} YOU are hall of fame, in my book, lovely friend! YOU made the JUST US GIRLS sketch ROCK! Yee Haw!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhh! That is one fabulous horse and flag image. I can't believe Elise doesn't have this one! ;) You did this sketch up right girlie! Congrats on being our chic of the week!