Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blushing Cameo Rubies

DSCF7526 How's that for a title?  That's the color challenge over at SCS today, which I don't usually get to play.  But I am making Mother's Day cards for my sale basket, so I thought I would take the opportunity to play with these retiring colors!  I am also using Mercy's sketch shown here:






I flipped the sketch on its side; used some various Basic Grey papers and tried to emulate my stampin' hero, Pam, with her beautiful stitching.  Let's just say I need some practice (don't look TOO closely!):



I did have some fun with this cute ribbon treatment and button (I am on a corduroy button kick, obviously!):


It is interesting to me that my stitching mishaps occur on the same corner of my panels.....and here's a typical thing that happens when I am trying to do something in a hurry!  I had a cute little spool of brown thread, just the right color.  I load my bobbin, start my stitching and I am ALMOST finished and ping! the spool is EMPTY.  So I had to take some thread from the bobbin and rewind it on the spool and use a different brown thread for the bobbin.  Oh well!  I do like the look that stitching gives, so I will keep practicing!  Thanks for visiting again today and be sure to come back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown!

  • Stamps:  All Holidays, Tres Chic, Thoughts & Prayers, Eastern Blossoms
  • Paper:  Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, BG
  • Ink:  Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa
  • Acc:  Nesties, Corduroy Ribbon, Grosgrain Ribbon (ret SU), sewing machine, dimensionals, daubers, embroidery floss


  1. WOW Leanne! This is FANTASTIC! Love what you've done with the colors and sketch! You're so darn talented :)

  2. This is so beautiful! Love this color combo and never would have thought of it! ~chris

  3. This is so pretty! I don't see any stitching boo boos at all! :)

  4. Oooo!! Very pretty!! Love it Leanne!

  5. Beautiful card, love the color combo. Hey don't worry about the misshaps-they prove these are "homemade" items.

  6. Very pretty and I love those colors-sad to see them go.

  7. Look at YOU GO GIRL!!! :) This is soooo pretty and I love the colors and all the stitching!! I knew you could do it! :) Your sweet words made my day! Happy Stamping...and Stitching! Pam :)

  8. Absolutely wonderful! I love the stitching. I have the same problem with thread. I don't have any! Now I have to shop for thread to match all my paper! What is a girl to do?

  9. Love your color combo and that terrific corduroy button:))

  10. You did it again! I just love how you put the dp and image together, picking up just enough of a repeat. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

  11. Your stitches look fabulous, LeAnne! LOVE the button treatment, too!


Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!