Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowy Day

DSCF6185

 

Well, if you live in the Midatlantic area, you are probably tucked inside warm & cozy because there's a blizzard outside!  My little garden angel is a SNOW angel today!  A perfect day to stay inside and stamp!  So that's what I am doing!

 

 

I am making cards for my nieces & nephews in which to tuck a little "green gift", so I am still the Christmas mode!  I used the ColourQ11 color challenge today as well as (sort of) Mercy's sketch #52:

cqc11-1 MTSC52

So here we go:

DSCF6190-2

My Santa from Flourishes is stamped in Basic Gray on Very Vanilla and mounted on Bashful Blue cardstock.  Since I didn't have an oval Nestie large enough to fit the image, I just made a rectangle.  The DP peeking out is retired SU; I used a MS snowflake punch on the Basic Gray piece.  A fun thing I did was to punch a little snowflake image (it's also on the Santa panel....can you see it?) on a piece of white organdy ribbon.  Since the Basic Gray ink is a little bit waterproof, it stamps easily on the ribbon....cool!  Then I punched a couple snowflakes, tapped them onto my Versamark pad and coated them with Heat & Stick powder....heated them, then sprinkled on some silver MS glitter & heated again.  The bling looks blue, but it is actually silver too:

DSCF6190 

I hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are and whatever you're doing! 

DSCF6183

14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is AWESOME!! I love love LOVE that blingy snowflake on the organdy...how COOOOOL! ...and, of course, you know I just LOVE that Flourishes Santa!

Know what else I love?...that sled you have outside with the ice skates. ADORABLE!

Caryl P said...

OH so many beautiful things to share today LeAnne! I love that card, and how you 'almost' followed the sketch. It's fabulous, and the snowflake with bling may slow down the openers a bit to admire. Happy crafting today, I'm getting ready to work inside tomorrow!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty card, I also love the sled!!

You're right about it being the perfect day to stay inside and stamp :)

Ann said...

I LOVE this card! Your Santa and the snowflake are just too fab! Your sled & skates are adorable, too! Merry Christmas!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Dear LeAnne! Last weak I send a little christmas gift to you. Hope it will soon at USA! With love from Russia. Nika

mudmaven said...

That is just gorgeous! The snowflake is spectacular and all the little snowflakes everywhere really jazz things up. Love your snowman and sled too - you can please keep you snow to yourself though - thanks very much! ~chris

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card LeAnne!! I just love that image... I need that!

ChristineCreations said...

oooo I love seeing Santa all dressed in silver and blues! Gorgeous sparkly snowflake too, and what great stamping on the organdy!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! That Santa looks fabulous! And love your snow pictures, too!

Juanita said...

What a super card.
I love your vintage skate and sled decor, they look like the skates I wore last week :)

Susan Raihala said...

So beautiful! I'm so impressed with your simple use of the big, wonderful image and how you framed it so prettily!

Unknown said...

what a beauty, leanne! i love this sweet santa stamp...that is how i've always imagined him! ;)

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did a wonderful job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Arielle H Gordon said...

I know I sent you an email about your card, but I also wanted to stop here & tell you how gorgeous it is! MERRY CHRISTMAS! ~ Arielle

dpkennedy said...

I love that Santa! This is beautiful and so sparkly! I love the sled too! Sadly, my hubby never got mine (or my skates!) out of the garage and I have no idea where they are. He's home all week, I think I will make it his job to find and display it for me!