Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sleigh Ride

DSCF6098

This card was so quick to make, it was embarrassing.....

DSCF6099

The paper is the focus here....this is from a K&Co mat pack by Brenda Walton; I cut it down and pieced it to fit my card and covered the seam with some PTI twill.  A sentiment and snowflake (barely visible) was all I added; these are from Artistic Outpost.  This also qualifies for the Ways to Use It Challenge #248 at SCS: Let's Go Caroling!  We were to be inspired by a Christmas song....in this case, Sleigh Ride.  Okay, it's not really a sleigh, it's a sled....work with me here!  And enjoy your day!  I am off to make some more cookies!

15 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

I love the simplicity!! Very pretty colors! I have missed a lot of great cards!! Your snow pictures are gorgeous!!

Taylor said...

Quick cards are the best! This is wonderful!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

The simplicity is so very elegant! What an absolutely lovely card!!

Juanita said...

This is so amazingly beautiful. I am glad you had the idea to do this, I may need a few last minute cards and this would be a speedy way to get them.

Caryl P said...

Hmmmm, I dont' think embarrassed is the word I would've chosen for a quick but beautiful card like that. It's a sleigh to those kids, so it's a sleigh ride to me!

Elise said...

There is SUCH elegance here, FRIEND! You are pumping out some seriously DROP DEAD GORGEOUS work, whether it simple or multi layered! You are always such an inspiration!

Barbara said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE the colors! Great vintage design, LeAnne!

P.S. I'll take some frosted cut-outs, please!

Lisa Foster said...

Fabulous!!! Beautiful colors!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa Kind said...

This is lovely LeAnne! Very clever to piece the paper to fit your card and cover it up with ribbon! Love that!

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous colors! Simple and totally elegant too. Sleigh, sled what's a couple of letters here and there. Cookies sound good - gotta get baking! ~chris

Doris said...

Lovely, old-fashioned look to this card!

Mona Pendleton said...

LeAnne - This card is very pretty! Sweet & simple!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great C&S card, thanks for using Artistic Outpost images. Don't forget about the monthly AO Referral Program at www.artisticoutpost.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is a card.....I m so in love with it.....there is just something about it that calls to my soul....beautiful LeAnne