Friday, December 11, 2009

Fun Gift Box

DSCF6077

My wonderfully creative friend Donna from Butternut Sage Designs recently had this beautiful ELEGANT gift  box on her blog.....she is the queen of elegance.  I am NOT the queen of elegance, so when I made the box using her fabulous template, I went fun and snowy:

 

 

DSCF6080-1

I used the colors from the Colour Q Challenge #10, shown here:

cqc10-1sm

 

Isn't this an adorable snowman?  I just had to dig into some of my older Christmas DP stash and pair it with some fun snowmen images and sentiments from Whippersnapper, SU, Impression Obsession and PTI.  Although some of the colors in the DP don't match the challenge exactly, I thought they were close enough!!

 

 

DSCF6075 DSCF6077-1

DSCF6078 DSCF6079

DSCF6076 DSCF6074

Gee whizzies, in all my excitement of making such a fun project, I realize I forgot my GLITTER!  I added bling, but no glitter!!!  I will have to rectify that immediately!  Can't have snowmen without glitter.  Then I have to think of WHAT I can put inside the box???!!  Something for DD probably, as she likes snowmen too!

And because Donna has been such a sweet blogging friend, and such an encourager to me, and I am SUCH a fan of her work, I sent her THIS card:

DSCF6024

Thank you so much for visiting today!  In the next couple weeks, my posting and commenting may be sporadic....you know how it is!  Take time to enjoy YOUR families.....blogging will always be here, your loved ones may not!

18 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

LOL! Fan mail! This is super! I love it! Your layout and image is just perfect!

Doris said...

Who would have thought I could be excited about a box! This is fabulous. I love the way each side is slightly different. Nice job, LeAnne.

Janine said...

What a cute box!! And your card is great too!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Elise said...

You are FUN! Delicious inspiration and DARLING out put! Oh, goodness! That really is one of those boxes that needs no present inside! I just love it! What a great project {and FUN stamp camp! Tee hee} PLUS, double-bonus points for the use of my FAVE S/U! set! The "fan" card is A-dorable!

Andrea M said...

Wow LeAnne - Love this gift box! I love your take on her template. I saw this template on her post and loved it too. So creative :)
You made a beautiful card for her!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh my what a fantastic box!! Love all the gorgeous fun colors! Your card is awesome too!
Hugs,
Lisa

Carol L said...

aww, that card is just too sweet!!! I love the fan mail theme!! And what a cute little box!! Someone will be delighted to receive this sweet little gem, with or without glitter!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh LeAnne! What an awesome box, girl! LOOOOVE it!! :)

Leonie said...

Your box is just gorgeous!

Donna said...

oh my goodness sweetie, LOOK at what you created!!!!! YUMMY this is perfect for FUN!!!!!! I love it! Just the right amount of sugar and spice to perk up any gift inside. Thanks for sharing it with all your readers!~Donna

Beverly G said...

Your box looks pretty elegant to me, fabulous job!Love the fan mail also.

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Diane Noble said...

Love the box...I like the fun Christmas look. Her elegant one is gorgeous too, but yours is just adorable. Cute card, too, Lisa. As always your projects are fantastic.

Diane Noble said...

Lisa? Where did that come from!!!! Sorry LeAnne....I was thinking LeAnne and wrote Lisa...I really do know who you are!!!!!!!! Christmas stress I guess....anyway, LEANNE...your projects are adorable.

TrishG said...

Wow - Love that fan mail card. The colors and layout are perfect. The box is really cute, especially the curves with the snowflakes!

Arielle H Gordon said...

LeAnne~ Thanks so much for playing this week, I love this!! Yo u're this week's colourQueen!!! And I'm hoping to get around to doing one of these myself soon... hope it's as cute as yours! ~Arielle

Beverly G said...

Congrats LeAnne on your Colour Queen Win!! Your box is so outstanding!!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that is CUTE, LeAnne!!! What a fabulous project, and congrats on winning for the week on that challenge!