Today's SCS challenge was to "stretch yourself" by using things you don't normally use. That is a pretty broad requirement, as I have lots of stuff I use only occasionally! I needed a b-day card for DD, so off I went:
Okay, here are the things that I don't normally use:
- Prima flowers
- The color purple (the actual color of those flowers but hard to tell in this photo)
- Pearl Ex (can you see the shimmer?)
- Big bling
I don't like using some of these things because they make my cards bulky, but since I will be hand-delivering this to my daughter, it didn't matter. And actually, I never owned Primas before in my life, and no chipboard like this, so how did I get them? I won some fabulous blog candy from a "retired" CTD gal, Kim! Just take a look at this:
And that doesn't even include the little Maya Road lunch tin full of chipboard, because it was sitting on my desk and I forgot to add it to my stash!!! Can you believe it! See the bottle peeking out from behind that beautiful card? Full of sweet purple flowers! And lots of BG and PTI paper! And clear stamps! And if I was really smart, I could have used the tape in the new tape gun because it matched my seldom-used Euphoria BG paper! But I could ramble on forever! Thanks again, Kim!
So, to highlight some things:
- Baroque Motifs was stamped in Craft white, then Pearl Ex was "swished" on with a paintbrush, wiped off excess with a swiffer cloth, then lightly hairsprayed
- Glittery swirl chipboard was coated with Craft white, then sprinkled with Heat & Stick powder, then heat set; MS glitter added and heat set again
- Birdie chipboard was covered with Euphoria and sponged with Baja Breeze
- Rickrack was sewn on with my not-working-quite-right old Singer
- Primas were layered, then a big rhinestone stuck on
- Sentiment is from a retired SU set, Sweet Shapes and punched out with Large & Wide Oval punches
Whew!! Thanks for visiting!