During my tiny little bit of stamping time today, I wanted to make a card using the Crafty Secrets set I WON (Yahoo!) called Home Sweet Home. I had an idea in my head to use one of the images and make it into a Delft Blue tile using the Cracked Glass technique.
I brayered some Sahara Sand ink on Shimmery White cardstock to begin with, to get the "tile" color. I then stamped the image in Brilliant Blue craft ink and embossed it in clear EP. I colored in my images with Brocade Blue ink, then did the CG technique. I love the tile, but I really struggled with what to use for a background on the card and finally decided on a neutral, Kraft, along with some Kraft Patterns DP. The sentiment is stamped in Brilliant Blue as well and I added some antique brads on the corners. It really is rather plain and I would have loved to have "jazzed" it up a bit, but just did not want to detract from the tile. It's been a long day!
You can click on this for a closer view.
This sweet little image was stamped on the inside at the bottom of the card.
Although this technique is a bit time consuming, today it took me longer to make the card itself than the image!
- Stamps: Home Sweet Home, Crafty Secrets
- Paper: Kraft, Brilliant Blue, Confetti White, Shimmery White, Patterns DP
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Brilliant Blue Craft, Brocade Blue
- Acc: Aquapainter, Heat Tool, Clear DP, Glassy Glaze EP, Brads & punch, Brayer
My next card was a struggle, too! (Is anyone else having trouble getting back into their stampin' groove?) This is for a wonderful friend and fellow stamper, and her favorite color is purple. I pulled out a set I hadn't used in a while, Fresh Cuts, and stamped the image in Lovely Lilac craft ink, heat set it, and colored it in "quickly" with markers:
I added some Twinkling H2Os on the bold flowers, mounted the panel on Mellow Moss and added some accents along the edge. I added a flower & oval, some bling and then mounted the whole card on another Mellow Moss panel. That made it a little larger than would fit in a standard envelope, so I pulled out a CD envelope, stamped a couple little flowers on it and now it's done:
- Stamps: Fresh Cuts, All Holidays, IBBG, Flight of the Butterfly
- Paper: Lovely Lilac, Mellow Moss, Shimmery White
- Ink: Lovely Lilac Craft; Lovely Lilac, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst
- Acc: Markers, Twinklings H20s, Piercer, Grosgrain Ribbon, K&Co Rhinestone, CD Envelope