Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Stampin Miscellany

 

Hi everyone!  Yay, it's Wednesday...the week is half way over!!!  I have a couple miscellaneous cards today; the first one is for the color challenge at Inspire Create (and while you're there, you need to check out the card that Karen F made....all the cards are cute, but hers is exceptionally so!): 

No photo description available.

I was just sort of playing around with this new stamp set, It Starts With Art, and thought I would use the challenge colors....it didn't turn out too bad, so I decided to finish it!  It's uber-CAS, just one layer, but here we go:


I used markers, ink and an aquapainter to color in the design, but really, the sequins pull it all together!

 

I am looking forward to playing with this set some more...especially the matching dies!

The next one uses a stamp set from 100 Proof Press, which my friend Colleen always uses and then I feel like I have to have them too!  This uses the CAS(E) This Sketch sketch for this week:


Again, I was just playing around with some inks and scrap paper from my stash, and luckily, it turned out pretty good....so I just kept going!  I diecut the image with a square stitched die, but it didn't look right with the sentiment going across the shells, so I had enough of a scrap to diecut a wee little bit more, butted the edges together and put the sentiment on top.  If you look closely, you can see the stitched line right under the sentiment banner:


I ran a Soft Sky card through the Subtle embossing folder and adhered everything on top.  Aren't these shells pretty?  I resisted coloring them in, but some day, I'll do that!



Thanks for popping in today!

Although I wasn't doing any coloring,  Cassidy was....she is getting Jack and Jill magazine and there are always some art projects in each issue:



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Follow You Art Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps It Starts With Art
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White
 Ink Stazon Black, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake
Accessories Sequins from my stash
Tools     Markers in Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Aquapainter

Sympathy Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Greetings, Shell Plate (100 Proof Press)
Card stock & Papers     Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Misc scrap
 Ink Gray Granite, Craft White
Accessories White Embossing Powder, Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Heat Tool, Big Shot, Subtle Embossing Folder, Square Stitched Dies (Lil'Inker)

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The. New crafty set is fun....cute card! And oh those shells! Such a wonderful array!

Kampin' Karen said...

First of all, thanks for the shout out...that was sweet! Love the simplicity of your first card. Those spools of ribbon look so real...perfect coloring. Yes, I would love to see the shell card after you have colored it. Jack and Jill is still around? I always looked forward to receiving that magazine when I was a little. Have a blessed day!