Saturday, May 18, 2019

FMS388 Merry and Bright


Hello, peeps!  FINALLY we are having a nice, sunny weekend...it's actually kind of hot!  I'll take it, no rain!!!  How about a Christmas card to celebrate, LOL?  I was a little stumped by the FMS sketch this week:

I had started to use this cute little kitten in a mitten for another challenge but realized it might work for the FMS one, so here we go:


My card base is Crumb Cake and the stars were stamped on some dark green Tim Holtz paper in Mossy Meadow.  I stamped my kitty on some watercolor paper, colored him in with an aquapainter, inks and markers, then fussy-cut him out and popped him up on some plaid Christmas paper from my scrap pile:


I had a hard time figuring out whether or not to put a sentiment on the front; I finally found a wee little one from a past Paper Pumpkin set and stamped it on some gold-color paper from Graphic 45; I used the same paper and ink to stamp the inside sentiment on a die-cut banner from Concord and 9th.


I am in the mood to make a few more Christmas cards....my stash is low!  Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what the Paper Players are up to....it's not Christmas, but I think you'll like it!  

I lured in this little ginger last week with some goldfish crackers "bait"...and I got him hooked!  LOL...he's my great-nephew Sawyer.  He was definitely more interested in the snack than the softball game in the background!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Mitten Kitten (Lockhart Stamps), Star (Unknown SU, ret) Paper Pumpkin (ret)m Christmas Cheer Turnabout (Concord and 9th)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Watercolor, Tim Holtz Seasonal Ideology DSP, Graphic 45 St Nicholas DSP, Plaid DSP (unknown)
 Ink Stazon, Mossy Meadow, More Mustard (ret), Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Aquapainter, Big Shot, Ribbon Banner Die (Concord and 9th)

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Perfect design! I love that die. Sawyer is such a cutie patootie! Looking forward to seeing the new challenge at PP. Have a great weekend and thanks for being a blessing!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that little kitten in a mitten! And I am always amazed that you get such a wonderful jump start on your holiday cards.....I never do....sigh.....

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card LeAnne! I just love that little kitten in a mitten and that fun background paper! Sawyer is a little sweetie! Love those big blue eyes! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That kitten in a mitten is sweet and I love the warm colours on your card LeAnne but I think Sawyer steals the show today - what a sweetie!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great use of the sketch, LeAnne! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Lisa Elton said...

What's not to love about a kitten in a mitten!! This is darling and so is that sweet little fella Sawyer!