Thursday, May 16, 2019

IB72 Pretty Pillows


Happy Thursday, peeps!  I was so excited for today's Inspired By challenge!  Not only was it a beautiful challenge, but I finally got to use a new set from the upcoming catalog called Free as a Bird!  I am in love with this set!  So here is my creation:


And here is Laurel's prompt....so sweet!


I already had a Very Vanilla stitched frame sitting on my desk, so I backed it with some Gingham Gala DSP, then stamped the bird and some of the florals several times on Very Vanilla Thick cardstock, using my Stamparatus.  I watercolored all the elements, then fussy cut them and adhered them to the frame:


I added a pretty sentiment from the same set:


And I embossed the card front before adhering everything with the Subtle embossing folder for a little extra texture!  I love how this turned out!  

Can't wait to see what you create with this inspiration photo....I had to laugh when I saw my teammate Michele's card...we were on the same wavelength!!  Be sure to check out all the samples at the Inspired By blog!

Speaking of birds, a mama robin took over a nest that was under our shed from last year; not sure it was hers or some other robin's, but she laid four eggs in it:


A couple of weeks later, we had four little baby robins:


Yesterday, I checked the nest, and all of them had fledged except one!  When I stepped near, it took a shaky step and flew down to the gravel; my sister got close enough to get a picture of him:


Her phone takes amazing pictures, doesn't it?!  Hopefully he got brave and flew up in a tree before nightfall!

Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It's nearly as if we made our cards together, LeAnne - one day, fingers crossed!
LOve it when your gingham gala comes out to play... and your peek at nature is awesome, too! [btw we had a Yellow Warbler stop by for about a minute the other day!]
=]

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful fresh and summery! And your bird pictures are wonderful!

Kampin' Karen said...

Such a pretty card with those colors and design. I haven't used my set yet. I've used Magnolia Lane and Come Sail Away...not sure of the names yet but I'm sure you know what I mean. Great photos and the BLUE of the eggs, WOW!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so sweet! I've been playing with this set this week too and love it! Your bird reminds me of all the Goldfinch that eat a ton of thistle in the early spring. I'm going to miss that gingham DSP when it retires. Great job matching up that picture!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! Looking forward to getting my Free as a Bird bundle soon! Love, love, love your bird pictures! I'm so glad all the birds made it out of the nest! Thanks for sharing.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so fresh and summery LeAnne - love the gingham/floral/bird combo. Just been to check out the DT cards and all so pretty - I’m going to try and play along too this week!

Cindy Beach said...

LeAnne,
This beauty really caught my eye in the line up. Love the fresh vibes and springy colors, and of course the gingham! This set is so pretty, and I think the sentiment is a great addition.

Lisa Elton said...

This is extra pretty LeAnne, love it!