Friday, April 19, 2019

One Last Easter Card


Happy Good Friday everyone!  We had a really meaningful Maundy Thursday service last night along with a delicious soup and salad meal!  But it's been a long week!  I did have some stamping/crafting time with Cassidy yesterday morning and was able to make one more Easter card while she colored....well, markered...some pages she printed out!  I loved the challenges at In(k)spire Me and Inspire.Create:

No photo description available.

I had not played very much with my new Art ImpressionsEaster set that Claire gave me, so I thought I would ink up the mama bunny this time:


I watercolored the image after stamping her with Stazon ink on Shimmery White cardstock: 


I also stamped and colored the little chick, fussy-cut her out and popped her up alongside mama bunny:


Isn't she the cutest?  I diecut the Shimmery White panel with a Rectangle Stitched die, and mounted it on a Whisper White card base to which I added a panel of Gala Gingham DSP.  I also added a strip of Lemon Lime Twist which was diecut with a Rectangle Stitched die and trimmed to fit. 

I've already sent out all my Easter cards, but it's never too late to start for next year!  Thanks for popping in today!

We had a big Easter egg dying session on Wednesday; Cassidy and Lee dyed over two dozen eggs and they wished for more, LOL!  They had quite a set-up:



Cassidy experimented with two colors:


This one turned out really well...Bermuda Bay and Soft Seafoam, LOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Basket of Blessings (Art Impressions)
Card stock & Papers     Shimmery White, Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Gala Gingham DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Soft Suede,  miscellaneous SU colors
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Aquapainter

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I just love your watercoloring of this wonderful image and the beautiful Gingham paper! This screams spring/Easter time! Love, love, love! Looks like the kids had a blast coloring eggs! My kids use to love doing this when they were little. TFS and have a great day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

You created such a cute card. Your shading is great. Love the color of Cassidy's egg. Isn't it funny how we think in SU colors! I fell down on Easter cards this year. I have an abundance to mail out next year. You'd think it was a 5 mile walk to the mailbox! Happy Easter to you and your family.

Cheryl Mooney said...

So sweet! The photos AND the card! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that momma bunny is as sweet as can be! Your watercoloring is wonderful! And I love the egg dyers at work!

Margaret said...

Her bonnet! Reminds me a bit of The Country Bunny and the Golden Egg. Happy Easter!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh, what a cute Easter card!!