Tuesday, April 2, 2019

LRW490 Hop To It


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Another quick little card today; I recently won a prize from my friend and PP teammate Claire, who makes the most wonderful cards and is the epitome of a Southern belle!  She is such a sweetheart!  Anyway, one of the prizes was a cute Easter stamp set, so I thought I would just play around with one of my favorite images from the set, a little row of bunnies.  The Little Red Wagon challenge this week is to use something that hops, so I couldn't wait to try these little bun-buns out!

I had some Naturals White cardstock and stamped my bunnies with Stazon ink, and loosely watercolored them. I was really just playing around (that cardstock is not really a good choice with watercolors....just to let you know), but they turned out pretty cute, so I decided to make it into a simple card:


I used Crumb Cake and Flirty Flamingo for their bodies, ears and noses, so after die-cutting the panel, I mounted it on a Flirty Flamingo card base I already had in my stash.  I found some matching polka dot paper and made a banner and sentiment, and it was done  After mounting it, I decided to add some Soft Sky "sky", which I wish I hadn't done, because, as I said, this particular paper just absorbs the water and it was hard to get the effect I was looking for:


But they're still cute!  Shimmery White or Watercolor paper would have been a better bet, but as I said, I was just experimenting!  Happy (or should I say "hoppy"!) you stopped by today! 

No Cassidy pix today, but John found this little female downy woodpecker on our patio; she must have hit the window and was a wee bit stunned; I actually touched her a little bit (those feathers are so soft) which I am sure I shouldn't have done, but in a few minutes, she composed herself and flew off:


And my sister in SC recently sent me this photo of an albino squirrel she saw on a bike ride:


and I can assure you that she did not get close enough to pet this little guy!  

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Basket of Blessings (Art Impressions)
Card stock & Papers     Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sky (ret), Crumb Cake, Naturals White
 Ink Stazon Black, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sea Foam, Soft Sky (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Rectangles Stitched Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Aquapainter

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is just the sweetest, cutest stamp...and your card is wonderful! We saw two bunnies the other night when we were on our golf cart ride. I hate it when the birds hit the window...they are so helpless. Glad all was well after a moment or two. The front of our house is all reflective windows and the woodpeckers make it a mess!

Fabiola said...

J'adore, c'est tellement mignon...biz

Jan Clothier said...

Cute as a button card! Love that wee row of bunnies! And it's always a treat to see pictures of creatures we don't have in New Zealand.

Lisa Elton said...

How cute! Love all of those bunnies lined up, especially that little guy with his tail sticking up! Poor little bird...and holy smokes to the albino squirrel, it's kinda creepy LOL!!

Linda Callahan said...

Cutest row of bunnies ever.....adorable card!

Kate said...

Oh! Your little row of bunnies is absolutely darling!!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE it! I hope you enjoy that little bunny! I bought it just for you! This card is adorable! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Super cute LeAnne - your little row of bunnies is utterly adorable!