Saturday, March 30, 2019

Lazy FMS318 Get Well Soon


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Just a quick post...an uber-simple card for an uber-simple FMS sketch:


I realized I have very few get-well cards (or get-well stamps!) so I thought I should make one, and the sketch was perfect for letting these beautiful papers do all the work:


I am getting itchy for the new catalog is coming out soon, because I am bored with my old papers!  So I looked in my huge stash of other DSPS and came up with this lovely one!  This particular line of paper called Chelsea Garden is from last year's Close to My Heart catalog (or maybe two years ago!), and I have been hoarding it because it is just so beautiful, easy to coordinate and the colors are divine!  I layered some of the pieces to follow the sketch, stamped a real simple image from Treat Time in Lost Lagoon and added a Smoky Slate scallop!  Easy peasy!  Thanks for popping in today!



I corralled Cassidy to do a little yard work earlier this week....picking up sticks is not her cup of tea, you can tell by the bored look:


Eventually she knuckled down and did some work, but it was like pulling teeth.  I don't really like it either, but it's gotta be done!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!  And be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!





5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love that paper. I think you do yourself a disservice calling it a lazy card. It might be simple but there's nowhere to hide with a simple card. You put things together just so and make them beautiful. Such a knack. Not long to go to On Stage now and then there'll be loads of lovely new things!

Kampin' Karen said...

I can see why you hoarded this DSP. Your card is lovely. When I was younger my chores were picking up sticks (hated), dusting (hated) and drying dishes. I still don't like to dry dishes!! You are a blessing; therefore, I am blessed.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful mix of paper and sweet spring colors! I have the same feeling about using up “old” paper before the new comes out!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty paper, this is lovely! Poor Cassidy, LOL!! My chore was weeding and using those hand held scissors clippers. Up one side of the driveway and down the other, around the pool, sidewalks... Oh how I loathed that job LOL!!

Karren said...

That paper is beautiful and I can understand why you've been hoarding it, I mean saving it :) . Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.