Thursday, March 28, 2019

IB65 Windows, Not the Microsoft Kind


Happy Thursday, stampers!  It's time for another Inspired By challenge from Laurel, and she really challenged me this week!  I did need a sympathy card, so it was perhaps a good challenge for that:


And here is her prompt:


I know I am not much of a city girl, so I really struggled to find some inspiration in the photo! I did live in a city right out of college, East Orange, New Jersey, and I like to think that I can make a home wherever I am, but I am a farm/country girl at heart!  Anyway, I could just imagine a little kitty looking out one of those windows, so that's what I went for!  I used the Heart and Home Framelits for my white window, and stamped a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings on the bottom portion.  The kitty is from an Impression Obsession die, and the brick is a Cajun Craze panel embossed with a Tim Holtz brick embossing folder and sponged with some white craft ink:


On the inside, I added a Papertrey sentiment:


On the whole, I just think it looks a little plain and sad...maybe I should have added another kitty as a playmate, LOL!  Anyway, I hope you'll find some inspiration with our challenge this week and share what you create at the Inspired By blog!

And speaking of kitties, my friend Martha sent me this picture of her kitty, making herself right at home in a Stampin' Up! box:


She's not only pretty, she's smart too....choosing a SU box for her bed, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Misc DSP from my stash
 Ink Basic Gray, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Hearth & Home Thinlets (ret), Brick Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Stampin' Sponges, Cat Die 083-K( Impression Obsession)

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this was a tough one... you've done a fabulous job with it! LOve the distressed look on the brick - wish I'd seen it before - my orange is a bit bright!! xx
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That challenge image is a toughie LeAnne - I think your card is a pretty good attempt, all things considered! Nice brickwork and lovely backdrop for your sombre kitty.

Kampin' Karen said...

When I saw this card on the challenge site, I fell in love with it before I even realized it was yours! I'm CASEing!! Aww, the kitty in the SU box...Tini used to do that. Chester has no interest BUT he does love stamping with me and Tini didn't! Cats do have their own unique personality.

Lisa Elton said...

The brick you used is so cool! This is terrific LeAnne!