Friday, September 28, 2018

Leafy Sympathy

Happy Friday, peeps!  Not sure why, but I struggled so much with my card today!!  I used the FMS sketch:

and I love things in threes, but I think because I was trying to match the colors in the washi tape, I just wasn't feelin' the love!  Oh well....it's on its way and hopefully the family will get some comfort from it!  


My vertical panels are from the Stitched Labels dies, cut from retired Baja Breeze cardstock, and my leaves are from Lawn Fawn, cut from Poppy Parade, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow.  The washi is from Simple Stories' Winter Wonderland, and the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Design's Mini Tag Sentiments:


And since I used washi tape, I am also entering this in Festive Friday's washi challenge:

#festivefridaychallenge, #FF0017, Stampin Up, World Card Making Day, Washi Tape

Hanging on to summer outfits as long as she can!


 Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!




7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy has the greatest outfits! I'm seeing what you mean with your card and I wonder if it's the blue making you blue? Bajahaha ;-) No matter what you feel, I know the recipients will feel the love you put into it. Sympathy cards are so hard to do. Have a blessed day and weekend.

Tracy Grauer said...

I like the card and Cassidy's summer outfit! I'm hanging on to my summer outfits as long as I can too! Thankfully we have been having summer weather here in the Pacific Northwest!

Jen Brum said...

What a great fall card LeAnne! I love those leaves and the sweet paper in the background! Beautiful diecuts!! Love Cassidy's outfit! We're clinging to the last few days of summer here too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card......and I feel just like Miss C!

Karren said...

Using washi for the horizontal panel is such a clever idea! Beautiful card sure to be appreciated by the recipients. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

I think it turned out great, no sign of a struggle! Love that delightful Washi tape. I'm with Cassidy...I hate to retire my flip flops for the season!

Hannelie said...

Love the freshness the blue adds to this Autumn card!
Thanks for playing at Freshly made sketches!