Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Fab Friday 145 Many Blessings

Happy day after Labor Day!  Doesn't it feel like Monday?  My card today uses a new set from the Holiday Mini Catalog that will go live tomorrow, and it's called Many Blessings!  Here we go:


And I used the sketch from Fab Friday to get me started:


I love this little set; it has some seasonal images that are small enough to be colored in quickly, whether it be with Blends, which I used here, regular markers, or watercolor pencils!  For my card, I stamped the image in Early Espresso:


My banner is also Early Espresso, which I embossed with the Subtle EF; I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the main image as well as my sentiment, then added some layers and embellishments.  The background is from the Share What You Love DSP pack; I like the country feel to this particular print:


And I really don't have any current Thanksgiving stamps, but I remembered this sentiment from Painted Harvest, so I stamped it on the inside and stamped the focal image again, this time in Sahara Sand:


I am thankful for you!  

It's a bitterweet day for our family; my dad finally agreed to move out of his home and to move in with my sister.  I know he is sad to leave his neighborhood and friends, but he really needs more care and shouldn't be alone.  So it's a new reality for all of us.  I SO appreciate and thank you for your prayers, as this will be a challenging transition for all of us!  But at least he won't be two and a half hours away! 

My other sister and her family were up over the weekend for my niece's wedding, and my nephew, who is at West Point, was able to visit as well.  Cassidy roped him into playing some games with her; he's a good sport!



Thanks for visiting today and have a blessed day! 

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a beautiful Fall design LeAnne! Love your colors and papers! Best wishes for your dad! HUGS

Kampin' Karen said...

I hope and pray your father will adjust quickly and even wonder why he waited so long. Praying for your sister and family to have strength to care for his needs. I'm so glad you posted your card for the Fab Friday as I saw on their site that the challenge closed 8/29. I didn't read any further and didn't pay attention to the day they posted. Apparently, they forgot to remove that little date blurb.

Joan V said...

Oh, love this card. I hope your dad enjoys being with family.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, I feel such a dunce that I looked right past that stamp set! Love your little pumpkin crate, such great papers and colors you've used here! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

This lovely card has me longing for cooler autumn days LeAnne. The last few days of this heat have been brutal! Cute photo of Cassidy and your nephew. He reminds me so much of Dana!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is so sweet! And yes those transitions are hard.....been there! Hoping he settles in comfortably at your sister’s.....glad he will be closer!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Someone pointed out that I had the dates wrong on the challenge site and I'm sorry for that. Sometimes errors slip through! I hope things go well with your dad. As an only child I worry a lot about my FOUR parents, eek! Your card is adorable! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!