Thursday, September 13, 2018

IB37 Time to Bake

Hi peeps!  Yay, it's Thursday...the weekend is almost here and we've got a full one coming up!  How do they fill up so quickly?!  Anyway, Laurel has a sweet little inspiration for us today at Inspired By!  Gave me a chance to use some of my Apron Builder dies!  Check it out:


And here is her prompt:


I used to have some of these vintage red-handled utensils, too....but along the way they got discarded or yard-saled, LOL!  I will just have to enjoy them vicariously through my stamping!  I liked the way the photo lined them up, so I die-cut each one out of some watercolor paper, backing it with an Adhesive Sheet so that I could glue them down easily!  I colored them with some ink and an aquapainter before mounting them, all in a row, on a piece of Bo Bunny paper from their Kiss the Cook line; if you look closely, you can see there are little utensils printed on the paper:


Before mounting it on a piece of Soft Suede that had been diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die, I stamped a sentiment from Suite Sayings and added a little heart embellishment:


I mounted that on another piece of paper from the same series and adhered it to a white card base!  Such a fun inspiration and I enjoyed playing with these dies, too!  Now we want to see what you create with this inspiration...it could be the utensils, the colors, anything!  Share it with us at the IB blog...can't wait to see you there!

My great-nephew Sawyer looks so much like his brother Jamison, I almost couldn't tell them apart!


Cassidy was in her glory!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Suite Sayings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Soft Suede, Watercolor, Kiss the Cook DSP (Bo Bunny), Adhesive Sheet
 Ink Soft Suede, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate
Accessories Heart Embellishment (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Aquapainter, Apron Builder Dies, Stitched Rectangle Die (Lil'Inker)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne these papers, and utensils are pure perfection! What a darling card... love the dots, lots!
=]

Laurel said...

Love it!

Karen said...

I like everything about this card! Thank you for sharing it and for the tips on cutting the tiny apron builder dies. I would not have thought about using the sturdier watercolor paper. Cassidy is really growing up! Wishing you joy always!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne, those little utensils are adorable! How ever did you manage those tiny pieces? You totally rocked this challenge!

Vickie said...

Such a cute cute card....and I love the saying....and dang it is retired...cute pic of Cassidy and Nephew as well

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! I haven’t used my diecuts of these yet!

Lisa Elton said...

I would say you've captured the inspiration photo perfectly, this is cute LeAnne! What a little sweetie Sawyer is and Cassidy looks so grown up!