Thursday, March 17, 2016

Black and White Christmas


Happy Thursday, everyone!  I know today is St Patrick's Day, but I have a Christmas card for you, LOL!  I wasn't sure I would be able to pull off the Merry Monday's challenge of black, white and silver, but I persevered!  I also used the Jingle Belles challenge of Spirit of Christmas Past (Joy to the World music) and the Stamp, Ink, Paper sketch:

SIP Sketch Challenge 39 800
And here's my card:


I printed out some vintage sheet music from the Graphics Fairy in grayscale to use as my background.  The sentiment, stamped in Silver Encore ink, is from Papertrey's O Holy Night, and the silver glimmer paper bell is cut using a Lil'Inker die.  I used glimmer paper for my back panel and the banners are Basic Black and Silver Foil from SU:


And I love the inside too....another sentiment from O Holy Night, and I used the little silver stars that I popped out from the bell to accent it:


Cassidy had another birthday party for AJ; I didn't have the heart to tell her these were Christmas gift bags, LOL!  He is excited about his DVD!


Two of the guests (I dare you to keep a straight face!):

 

And she "helps" him push his new cart!


Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassidy sure knows how to throw a party! And I love your card! More ideas of things I may NEED to buy.

Linda said...

Oh what a sweet story. It did make me smile. Pretend is so much fun.
I love your Christmas card. It is very elegant.

Gingin said...

LeAnne your Christmas card is gorgeous!! I love that bell in the glimmer paper. Cassidy is quite the hostess and throws an awesome party! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

stampwithsandy said...

I love this card, LeAnne! The background paper has me humming. I love the doll rocking the rainbow mohawk, too! Now the question is, what is that doing in your house, lol!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I love all the sparkle!!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

Bonnie said...

I love the sheet music for the background and that glitter jingle bell! It's always so nice to see you over at Merry Monday! Cassidy is something else! She had me smiling! Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! Spring is popping out all over around here.

Cheryl Mooney said...

snort, the MOWHAWK!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh you pulled off the black and silver all right!! Love the sparkly jingle bell, pretty card!! I'm still laughing at the guests!! Bet we can all guess which one was the life of the party ~ haha!!

SmilynStef said...

That silvery glittery sparkle is amazing ... so glad you celebrated the Spirit of Christmas Past with us at Jingle Belles.

!neke said...

Great card you made, love the background !

Ineke

Margaret said...

Great card - love the glitter!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... love the glitter!!

KimCreate said...

This is lovely!

Karen L K said...

Really nice card! Love the bell and all those layers over the sheet music.

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous Christmas card LeAnne, love the music and silver bell. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

lauren bergold said...

ok, you know that putting the adorable "birthday party" pics at the end of this post is totally stealing the thunder from the gorgeous xmas card, right?! :) :) :) but srsly, what a beautiful card... great use of that vintage sheet music and you've ROCKED the black, white & silver challenge as well! so pleased you could join our old-fashioned xmas fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Lorraine said...

I love your sparkly jingle bell! It goes so well with your vintage paper. And I seldom ever have a straight face viewing your pictures of Cassidy. What a joy!